Buying Q off ebay

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by pveclipse96, Jan 24, 2009.

1. pveclipse96

pveclipse96 New Member

Buying Q off ebay

Im looking to buy a Q off of ebay and was wondering if you are still able to do a data block on the verizon network even after the new rule in November requiring data plans? I just want a decent phone but dont need the data plan as of right now.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

this was asked before. Dont remember the answer. First off Ebay phones are crap. do a search here for Ebay. Pure junk.
  3. VerizonMotoQ9c

VerizonMotoQ9c New Member

And yes you can still create a data block on your plan. Did it today.
  4. Kingfish

Kingfish Member

Hey Fox...

Do you know of a reliable source for used/refurb/reconditioned Qs?
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

EQ's Marketplace forum :}
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Yep, what RB said ^^
  7. Kingfish

Kingfish Member

I was actually refering to a "reliable" source...Somewhere that kept phones in stock. I will take your answers as there is no such place.
  8. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

some carrier's brick and mortar storesa keep someme refurb units in stock
  9. nwkthompson

nwkthompson New Member

Ebay phone

I bought a q9m on Ebay and it quit working on me. Verizon replaced at no charge. broke a year latter and it was replaced again with no problems. Just don't buy it from an Ebay store.
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

11. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Hmmm.where have i heard that before...I just cant put my finger on it.....<_<
  12. R_Zachs

R_Zachs New Member

i bought mine from Dyscern LLC.

its the first Edition Q. i like it so far. it was what it said it was. class A quality. mint, theres a few little marks but you gotta look to see them. other than that its good for me.

had a 50$ gift certificate and only paid 14.99 w/ free shipping. got it today bought it friday! from Sterling, VA to Okanogan, WA

i love ebay!
  13. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Here's some good advice:

[​IMG]
  14. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

hahahahaha!
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

well... both my bossman and business partner had Q1's and this weekend they switched to BB Curve's (BOGO deal).. i was thinking of putting the Q's on eBay, i know they are good & reliable.

although the "poster" was/is funny... i think the generalization is not really based on hard evidence, it's mainly based on people buying a Q off of eBay and having issues.. then they come here for help (& being laughed at in the process), folks that don't have problems often don't visit forums for help.. and in my 2+ years of being here i've seen much more people who got NEW Q's from a carrier and had issues.
  16. mick4394

mick4394 Member

I've bought and sold plenty of phones on eBay. You just have to make sure you're purchasing from a reputable dealer.
  17. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Seems like the Q line is a target for the rip of kings or queens.
  18. EQBob

EQBob New Member

That's what's wrong with the system....
  19. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

GREAT post - EXCELLENT perspective - OUTSTANDING insight !!!! ^Agreed :) -Q