buying an 8gb mini sd card?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by ShadowMoto, Dec 10, 2007.

1. ShadowMoto

ShadowMoto New Member

buying an 8gb mini sd card?

I am getting for xmas an 8gb mini sd card and I was wondering if it will work on the q9m because I have seen and read misleading reports.....especially since the manual says it supports up to 32 gb mini sd cards. So if anyone knows that would be great dont want to have my mom spend 80 dollars or so for no reason. Thanks.
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

It should work, but I can't tell you from personal experience. The 4GB miniSDHC card I have worked fine in my Q9m (and now my Q9c), so theoretically, the 8GB miniSDHC should work as well.
  3. Moto Q9 Cycle

Moto Q9 Cycle New Member

I am currently running the 8gb SD 3n1 micro card and have been for about a month it reads and write fine the phone even see's all 8gb (7.60gb). I hope this helps.
  4. ShadowMoto

ShadowMoto New Member

where did you get the 3n1 sd micro card and what does that entail? Let me know thanks moto q cycle.
  5. Moto Q9 Cycle

Moto Q9 Cycle New Member

I got my card at my local VZW store and it can be use as a mirco, mini or standard SD card.:smile:
  6. mrdrago

mrdrago New Member

I think I got the same 3n1 card from the Verizon store yesterday. It is an 8g mirco sd with adapters. For some reason my phone does recognize the card when inserted. It does recognize a 1g mini sd card. Is there some special procedure for inserting or installing it?

Thanks,

Mark
  7. mrdrago

mrdrago New Member

I went to the Verizon store and determined that the maximum amount my phone can see is 4G, otherwise it completely locks up with the 8G card. This appears to be a known problem from what the Verizon technician told me. Motorola is suppose to be working on a software patch. It may be that my phone does not have the very latest OS update. Verizon offered to give me the 8G card for no extra charge once the issue is resolved. It sounds like some people in the forum may have the latest version of the OS because the 8G card is working for them. I'll need to check my OS version on the Motorola site.

Mark
  8. dugger

dugger New Member

what is the latest OS?

Wanting to buy another card... 8G would be perfect. What exactly is the latest OS version?
  9. mrdrago

mrdrago New Member

I'm not sure. I have an inquiry in to Motorola to try and determine if 8G is supported as some on the site have them working. I was unable to get two different ones to work on my phone. It might be something that got updated in the OS or maybe not. If anyone has ideas or suggestions please bring them forth. I would love to get an 8G working. I have not seen how to update the OS. The motorola website only supports updating the original Q.

Mark