Burning Question....

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by kalina, Jun 11, 2007.

1. kalina

kalina New Member

Burning Question....

What are people putting on a 4gb card? I've only used 0.66 of the 2G and for some strange reason, I'm frantically bidding on ebay for a 4G ....:angry:

What exactly are we storing or planning to store? [secret green peace information - a starbucks take over (I know that's the plan in my office) - everything you never wanted to know about belly button lint ??? What???)

Just a random toss up question.

What are you planning to store? (hint - hint! If anyone has some cool must haves...please share them with the rest of us. Or at least tell us where we can get it!) :thumbup:
  2. da84tona

da84tona New Member

If I told you, I'd have to kill you. :tounge:
  3. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

I use my Q as my MP3 player in the gym/while running/while mowing the yard/in the car hooked up to my headunit. It's nice being able to take 10+ hours of music on the road and still have plenty of room to install programs, download stupid videos from TinyTube.net, etc.

I think it's for the same reason people buy 1 TB hard-drives.... if it's only $20 more so you don't ever really have to worry about space... why not?
  4. mletang

mletang New Member

Same here, movies and music. Some photos, documents. Whatever I need to take with me I put on my Q
  5. viceaction

viceaction New Member

wow

This may be the dumbest question I have seen posted on EverythingQ.com, and that says a lot.
  6. extremum

extremum New Member

GTFO! If it hasn't been posted many times before, it's not a dumb question. Everyone has to right to their own curiosity, within reason. If you can't value a person's thread in a positive manner, I suggest you don't bother posting.

Anyway, if I HAD a 4gb card, I'd store my most accessed documents to be used with Office '06, tons of videos and movies, and of course a gob of MP3s.
  7. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Ow, my feelings.....:2cool:
  8. delta5

delta5 New Member

Well, I must be dumb too because I wondered the same thing :laugh:
  9. kalina

kalina New Member

Thanks to all...

...For those who are nice enough to share... I appreciate the information.
    It's also great to know how others use their space and that I'm not the only one who wonders.

...Keep posting, because everyone benefits from new ideas and solutions, that they haven't thought of....

And for those narrow minded individuals who think it is a good idea to respond negatively to curiosity and the willingness to learn from others..you've voiced your opinion and kept freedom of speech alive and well...Bravo to you as well, but I will continue to post my ideas, finds, questions, and comments, so that I can learn and others can learn from me...that is why I teach...
  10. braeleure2

braeleure2 New Member

This may be the...

Have to politely agree...
  11. FourTwenSesh

There is also a saying (and not to take anything away from your post cause its awesome and I think we need more like this) but the saying goes : Those who can't do, teach. :tounge: I used to say this to my mom (she used to be a teacher)
  12. q-rocks

q-rocks New Member

And (taken from School of Rock) "and those who can't teach, teach gym".:tounge:
  13. FourTwenSesh

LOL, for sure:wink:
  14. signedon

signedon New Member

This reminds me of the "what's in your bag" group on Flickr.

It's an amusing question because we're nosy.

What do I store? Well, nothing on a memory card because I don't have one yet, but I plan to store a handful of songs, contact info, a few key documents (insurance info, resume, etc.), favorite photos, etc.

On the Q itself, I mostly just store games and home screens (duh), but also a handful of favorite photos and medical/insurance/car insurance info.
  15. FourTwenSesh

All I have is movies and music.....:tounge:
  16. sjcruiser36

sjcruiser36 New Member

I have most of my music from my PC on my 2GB card. When I get the 4GB, I'll probably store more music. I love listening to the Q while walking the dogs and mowing the lawn. I also have my resume, family/vacation pics and some essential documents, but will store more with the larger card.
  17. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

I may need to get a card.
    Been getting the LOW MEMORY prompt lately. I don't have much on it, so it the 'base space' clearly isn't enough. ;)
  18. FourTwenSesh

For sure, the base memory just does not cut the mustard... I bought a 2GB the same day I got my Q, cause I knew I'd be throwing 700MB compressed AVI movies onto the card. I have to say that buying the SD card from the phone retailer was one of the best choices I made (sacrifice a few bucks for a working card!)
  19. deejboram

deejboram New Member

Music. I only have a 2GB card and only have .2GB left. So I'm on EBAY now looking for a 4GB. I wanted to put a movie (700MB) or two on for my long flights (NY-LA) but it takes so d**n long to load on the card! I use actice sync and don't want to use a card reader cause I don't want any of the probs people are having. Oh yeah, I spent a lil more and got the SanDisk card and have had ZERO problems.
  20. sjcruiser36

sjcruiser36 New Member

Besides Ebay, J & R Electronics in NY City www.jr.com has deals on memory cards every weekend. If you sign up for their email, you'll get the specials sent to you every Thursday. I bought several mini, micro and regular SD cards from them and are the same price you would find for the cheapest cards on Ebay.