Browser with address bar in landscape mode??

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Apps and Games' started by FuzzyReets, Dec 3, 2010.

1. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Member

Anyone find one that will do this? I have Browser + but that doesn't do it either. Am I the only one that thinks that it's strange that this isn't an obvious inclusion to a phone browser? Really irritating.
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

3. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Member

Damn that is annoying! So you think there can NEVER be a browser with landscape mode for the Focus? I would find that hard to believe. I can't see how the hardware would really play a role in it. Weird. Thanks for the post.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

No, in fact it's the opposite. It was part of the OS back in July and appears on other WP7 phones. I think for whatever reason, some OEM's weren't pleased with the current execution of landcape mode and chose to leave it out. I'd be surprised if it didn't find it's way into an update somewhere down the road. I mean, it's an obvious improvement, right?
  5. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Member

Yeah completely. I do all browsing in landscape. So i have to start in normal mode, go to the site, then turn it and do it again when I want a new site. IE on the phone doesn't even let you access your favorites from landscape mode so once you turn it, you're stuck. Ridiculous.
  6. termleech

termleech Member

There are a lot of issues with the browser on the phone. I hope they are doing major work on it because it's almost unusable most times for me because it's so slow at rendering pages or won't render the page at all. IE8 was awful so hopefully they will hurry up and make it based on IE9 which is actually a decent product.
  7. bnk999

bnk999 New Member

The LG only has the address bar in landscape when the keyboard is slide out. So not really sure if LG actually added it or if the OS itself pops it up because of the physical keyboard