Broadband Access coming on without my imput

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by mdurbin, Jun 23, 2008.

1. mdurbin

mdurbin New Member

Broadband Access coming on without my imput

I have a moto q9m and recently my broadband access will turn on without me selecting internet explorer or using the web at all. I do not have email on this phone, and currently with how much it is coming on my battery life is less then 3 hours. Can anyone tell me how I can make sure my phone doesnt access the internet without me doing it?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

how do you know it's accessing data ?

potQ9c
  3. mdurbin

mdurbin New Member

I see the 2 arrows over the signal bar and when I click on the main screen, where time is and it says verizon wireless my phone says broadband access. However, when I go to shut down programs using the task manager nothing appears to be running that I think would access the internet.
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

the two arrows don't actually mean that the phone is accessing data. they only mean that the phone is ready to transmit and receive data. the PDA icon is what indicates actual data transfer.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea, what Paco said..

discussed many many times before...
  6. Kapi187

Kapi187 New Member

Bumping an old thread because I'm a little confused.
    I have the same issue and I see Paco's answer from long time ago but my Q sometimes also says MMS instead of BroadBand Access. I have no data plan so if Broadband access means it's ready to send and receive via broadband what does MMS mean? Why can't we just have it so it stays on regular phone "on" ?
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

because it's not just a "regular" phone
    basically it's showing you what regular phones so without showing you. MMS is picture messaging, which if you have a picture messaging plan will use data but you won't be charged for it