Brightness of display

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by locovato, Aug 30, 2007.

1. locovato

locovato New Member

Brightness of display

Does anyone know if you can change the brightness of the Q and if so how do you do you change the brightness. my friends q seems to be brighter and idk why but i need it brighter because when im outside i can barely read my screen.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it has been asked before (see here) and i don't think there is a way, most people want to lower the brightness to conserve battery power :}
  3. locovato

locovato New Member

i didnt find any help but its kinda messed up how those post where a year ago and yet theres no answer if it possible tot do so
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

honestly... that makes me think there is no way to do it.
  5. RFI4U

RFI4U New Member

I use Candlelight which allows you to dim the screen.
    Here's the .cab file if you want to try it -

Just unzip and move the cab file to your Q and install it with file manager,
    After it's installed you'll find it in your start menu, just run it and the screen will dim, run it again the screen will brighten. Toggle it as you need as often as you need - Enjoy

Attached Files:

6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

he wants to make it brighter... not dim it.
  7. RFI4U

RFI4U New Member

Oooops... sorry..lol dunno how I misread that, I guess I need to work on my multi tasking. Serves me right for reading, typing, talkin on the phone and eating at the same time.:tounge:
  8. locovato

locovato New Member

thanks alot you guys candle light gave me a brighter screen idk why but it did it lets me switch from bright to dim. thanks. good lookin out:2cool:
  9. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

The screen has two brightness levels depending on the power settings you have selected. It is stil pretty tough to read outside compare to other smartphones I've used.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hehe... that all you were doing ? yea work on it dude :}
    and it turned out it did "solve" his issue... i think since Candlelight dims the screens only looks brighter when it comes back on, but hey we like happy customers correct :}