Brain Teaser

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by csmguitarman, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Noonagon

Noonagon New Member

yea that is true but still, high speeds will breakdown a wheel faster then instant acceleration. look at the bugatti veyron, at top speed (407 km/h) its wheels only last 15 minutes lol, but i guess thae plane will take off fast enough (time wise) that it wont be a problem
  2. csmguitarman

csmguitarman New Member

Yeah but what gives out is the thw rubber tires. everything else runs great. BTW at top speed the gas tank will empty in 12 minutes. LOL little fail safe from the guys at Bugatti.
  3. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

LMAO guitarman.....:laugh::laugh:

Yeah all that arguing did get outta hand, but it was kinda fun in a sick, convoluted way huh??

Anyways guys...hope to be chatting with you from time to time here on our Q forums...:wink:
  4. Noonagon

Noonagon New Member

haha yea, you watch top gear too huh? that car is retarded
  5. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Frickin' crap guys!!!....check this forums' thread that went on for OVER two years about this!!!!...and is still ongoing!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Mythbusters show next month, because I was sooo sure that the treadmill/conveyor belt could stop the planes forward motion, but now am thinking maybe not......It still seems a little strange because in my mind I still see the treadmill starting up going in reverse and the only way for the plane to 'simply' taxi in place would be to apply just enough thrust to match the conveyor belts reverse direction, and not applying any thrust would have the plane moving backwards with the treadmill.....

But, like I said, am not sure any longer...LOL...I'll be watching Dec 12th:wink:...

ciao
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ? this is going to be on Mythbusters ? sweet..
  7. csmguitarman

csmguitarman New Member

check out the koenigsegg on top gear. simply jaw dropping
  8. Noonagon

Noonagon New Member

yea, holds the highest speeding ticket in the usa, maybe world at 242 mph i think
  9. csmguitarman

csmguitarman New Member

Well we already discussed that. The plane moving backwards was like the hot wheels on paper. Its movement back isnt really relative to its moving forward though
  10. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Well unfortunately that analogy is neither sceintific enough nor is it an accurate representation of the actual physics involved with this puzzle. Nor are any of the other couple dozen analogies we were flying around.
    As you yourself have admitted already, neither of us are credentialed enough to offer the actual physics formula that this puzzle is.

We'll just have to watch the Mythbusters show you mentioned and hopefully some truly credentialed scientists will provide that actual formula.
    I just hope it's not amatuerish as some of the videos we mentioned here thusfar. I have never watched Mythbusters, so am not sure what extent these guys go to to ensure that the test is replicated as close to the actual scenario as possible...

Anyways...at least we love our Qs!!!!:tounge::laugh2::wink:
  11. Noonagon

Noonagon New Member

well, i have taken a lot of high level physics and could easily solve this problem if i knew what type of plane and what engines. name those for me and ill draw up the problem. I am not a physics prof or anything but i do have an engineering degree
  12. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Does it really matter what type of plane or engine to come up with any actual formula?? The original question did not pose that detail, so you can use your own, perhaps a couple different? :tounge:

Would love to actually see it. :wink:
  13. csmguitarman

csmguitarman New Member

MBK I still cannot believe that we got this thread up to almost 300 posts
  14. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

LMAO !!! :tounge::laugh::laugh:

You wanna try for the record??? 2 and a 1/2 YEARS?!?!... :wink:
  15. csmguitarman

csmguitarman New Member

ok.......................................no
  16. Noonagon

Noonagon New Member

alright, i will try and do this sometime this week. but i also work as a naval architect so i might not have incredable amounts of time. maybe ill do it by hand and scan the paper, whatever i do ill try to get it done fast