Boost Pocket IE speed 10X times

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by dehx, Aug 12, 2007.

1. JetMech

JetMech New Member

Hmm..I'm getting 1001 kb/sec but I haven't really noticed in improvement in speed on any site. I also changed my DNS servers to OpenDNS
  2. winotree

winotree New Member

Set this up on my Sprint Q back on Moday 13 August. Wanted to try it awhile before posting to be sure results were common and not coincidental. It has made a big improvement in downloading webpages and accessing sites--some almost instantly. I have used this along with the other so-called SPEED HACK and get astonishing results.

And to think how fast my Q seemed back in April, out of the box. :big, big grin:
  3. teknofear

teknofear New Member

First time poster here, just got a Q (Sprint) over the long weekend (I've defected from the Treo ranks). I installed the Resco app and did the registry mod from 4 to 50.

I thought this was fast when I first started playing with the device, but JEEZ! Before the mod, I was getting between 150K-250K, after the mod, am getting 970K+ on a normally slow local news site (dallasnews.com).

Thanks for all the great insight everybody! This has been a pleasant transition so far.

4. winotree

winotree New Member

Yeah, mann...see what I mean.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

I verified that my setting have held but my connection speed is dragging again anyone experience that...any suggetions?
  6. teknofear

teknofear New Member

Gonna ask an obvious question first: Did you happen to do a soft reset? As I understand, the registry modification will revert upon a soft reset, hence, you'll lose the setting modification...
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

Ya i checked everything. made sure its all there. Ive had to reset now and then.

Im gonna go over everthing again though.

thanx for the reply
  8. Adam107

Adam107 New Member

hey so i did it but it's not helping youtube or google videos load faster in the core player. i've read the entire youtube thread and i have the lasted files installed, but the videos never play without a few minutes of loading at the beginning and more minutes and minutes of buffering throughout. meaning, whats the point of trying to watch it on the phone. any ideas or suggestions to make this fasteR?
  9. Adam107

Adam107 New Member

oh and after changing it from 4 to 75, i'm only getting 93kbit/sec
  10. fareal

fareal New Member

Any potential negative impact from doing this edit? Especially the large jump from 4 to 50? Those of you that noticed an increase, I wonder if you lower your setting to 10, 15, or 20 .. do you still have the faster speeds?
  11. switch.back

switch.back New Member

Thanks, In Charlotte I'm getting a 1Mb connection.
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

You're lucky....things were impressivly fast moving quick then poof. its becoming a drag to use IE again...I guess everyone elses is still working and Im stuck slugging along Im jealous >:-[
  13. winotree

winotree New Member

cheri--reference your post of Sept 11: did you do a soft reset (turn Q off; turn Q on) after the registry edit? If not this may be why you have lost the speed you once had. Just wondering...
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

Thank for the reply and yes I did the soft reset. Was zippin along for a while now the speed is c#&! if ya know what I mean.
  15. BIGD

BIGD New Member

I'm on EvDO but I'm gettin about 700kb/s shouldn't it be more than that ?
  16. gmardre

gmardre New Member

That's about what I get.....
    gm
  17. BIGD

BIGD New Member

i used to get more , so i was wondering if i can do smtn to improve the speed
  18. BIGD

BIGD New Member

sometimes its really fast
  19. BIGD

BIGD New Member

I've changed and dns servers and there was smtnig in registry , so i did it but right now it's 650 in EvDO so what do I do wrong ? or its should be like that ?
  20. WORD

WORD New Member

Hello everyone! I went to this site but when I tried to do the test it says something like browser does noy support java and thats all I can read b4 it goes back to the previous page, any ideas???