Boo Hoo. My first problem w/ Sprint Q

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by Duke4062, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

Boo Hoo. My first problem w/ Sprint Q

I was on the phone w/ cust. service for about 20 mins. when I decided to put it on speakerphone, when I pressed the button the call went mute, it took about 15 seconds then I was able to press speakerphone and I heard the cs rep. She said she could hear me but I couldn't hear her. I gave it a couple mins. and tried speakerphone again. Same thing it's like the phone freezes for 10-15 seconds and no speakerphone comes on, after that initial pause I could hit speakerphone again and I could hear rep. Speakephone would just not work. Then when I was done talking with rep (she was very polite and never hung up on me) the phone would not end call and I had to turn off. It didn't seem like it wanted to turn back on again, not wanting to have to take the battery out, I tried to restart(hold end button) a few times and it finally rebooted.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it worth exchanging or is it a random issue that will only seldom occur?Unsure
  2. ZATZAi

ZATZAi New Member

Hmm, I have used speakerphone before, there is a delay, but it's like 2 seconds ot 15. My first thought actually.. is how many programs and processes did/do you have running on your phone at once.

Also have you been able to reproduce this since the reboot?
  3. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

l,opjihiuhiuhiuh
  4. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

I don't know how many programs were running, did turning off the Q kill the apps in task mgr. or can I still check?

I'm on the line with my insurance co. right now for over a half and it did the no hang up thing again!:angry:
    Update-this time
    When I restarted the phone I checked task mgr and calnot.exe was only thing running what is it?
  5. tehsu

tehsu New Member

Run Calendar Cleanup launches the system cleanup application "calnot.exe". This application is part of the Windows Mobile 2003 operating system and is typically executed by the system once per week on a scheduled basis.
  6. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

I already went to the Sprint store and got a new one. Only complaint is guy took the blue m sticker off the front. I liked it.:frown:
  7. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

I take that back first time I try to kill all apps in task mgr. the whole thing freezes up and displays funny colors? I this one a dud too?:frown:
  8. tehsu

tehsu New Member

thats weird
  9. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

Not that weird. The last vzw Q I had would do the same thing(freeze when kill apps) every once in a while. Looks like Sprint Q has same defect rate as vzw Q. I dont feel like exchanging it again. I think I'm just gonna hope it dosen't happen again.
  10. ZATZAi

ZATZAi New Member

I have noticed my Q freezing when killing apps, I usually notice it right after installing a new program. I uninstall the program via Active Sync, reboot the phone, no more problem. If I install the program again, it happens again...

It's happened with a couple program, but only a handful really.
  11. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

That is weird. Know off hand which programs? I'm pretty sure this happened before i installed any programs.:frown:
  12. ZATZAi

ZATZAi New Member

I have not kept track, sorry. It may very well be the combination moreso than the programs themselves.
  13. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

I would like to report back that since the initial freeze up issue, my 2nd Q has run perfectly without even a hiccup.:smile:
  14. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

Update: I take that back. My Q just froze up on me today, it wouldn't unlock. So I took it back, now I am on my 3rd Sprint Q. Not too different than the scenario I had to go through with verizon. I just hope third times a charm!:smile:
  15. DKJones96

DKJones96 New Member

I think the only time my Q went to odd colors and stuff was when I forced doom to exit. Ended up taking it off the phone but apparently it doesn't like you to just kill apps using the video sub-system.
  16. loveshinesthru

loveshinesthru New Member

let us know what happens duke
  17. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

Only problem I notice is reception sometimes creeps down to one bar. If I turn off, then on again the phone go's back to 2 bars? Other than that FLAWLESS!!:smile: Not one glitch or freeze up yet!!!