Bonehead can't remember the unlock code

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by DuluthPickle, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

NOBODY hijacks a thread better tha DAFOXS !!! :) -Q
  2. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Yeah its excessive.

Its not hijacking, according to sherri, the OP is already gone :)
  3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . NOW i understand. :) -Q
  4. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

In theory, we are hijacking it but technically no harm I think when the OP is gone and the thread is pretty much abandoned :)
  5. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

the unspoken rule:.... once the question has been answered the thread is fair game.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Got my name in lights again. EwEeeee.
  7. tssf

tssf New Member

Putting this thread slightly back on topic, unlock codes are like..there for people to unlock their GSM so they can use their phone on any network. If you want to do it, you more than likely would go to that company and get the code, or pay some unknown person from 20 to 100 dollars to unlock the phone with a 6 digit number.

MY question is, is it illegal to distribute these numbers freely? And if not, why the hell hasn't anyone done it yet? :eek: I mean, created a thread with unlock codes from certain networks so other people don't have to spend an arm and a leg just to be able to use a phone they've already paid out their ass for?
  8. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I think its safe to assume that the OP was NOT asking for the phone unlock code in the manner you describe and instead the pin/pass you choose to lock your phone against access instead. The first is not only legal to do and you can often get accomplished by asking the phone company, it is done quite often as they are based on the IMEI number and not just some common code for all, the second if you can't remember your code, then you are pretty much SOL. Just my understanding.
  9. tssf

tssf New Member

Ah, I was under the impression that it was his actual unlock code for the phone itself, not just the security keypad lock. Easy to get those two confused. But anyway, if network lock codes aren't illegal to share, then why the hell are we all spending so much money obtaining these codes from websites claiming they can unlock our phones when we can just share them amongst our selves?

Sooooo confuuuuused..

Wait, I think I strayed off topic, a little too now.
  10. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Yeah based on my understanding and what appears to be the understanding of the rest, it was the keypad lock or something similar and not his phone's unlock. They are not illegal, they just make it this way because they want to keep you committed to their service and not get a phone for free or something and then go with someone else or sell it and use a cheaper phone or stuff like that. So dealers who have these unlock programs either by license or however they get them, will sell them on eBay and such for money and give them to you based on your IMEI number. But most of the time if you get a nice tech, they will give it to you and or if you have fulfilled sufficient amount of your contract with them, they will give it to you since technically it IS your phone and you own it. Unfortunately you can't share the code because its unique based on your IMEI number and that is different with each phone, its not like a software serial number that can be reused.