BodyGuardz available for the Napoleon

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by jhalsey205, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

No prob and your welcome. All I can say is they are great products and work as advertised just have to be careful on rounded edges and corners is all.
  2. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

Got mine today for the screen only half off price off $7.47 plus $2.52 shipping and handling from over the weekend. Guess they made a mistake and sent me the 2 full body set for the screen only price. Sweet i'll check back later when i apply it.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Dang man... mine hasn't arrived yet. When did you order yours? I thought I ordered before you did.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Oooooh yeah. Just applied the screen. Looks like the full body is actually "full" body. Lots of tiny pieces to fit between the ports and scanner and stuff. I'm thinking I'm only going to use the ones that cover the silver trim and the battery cover. I'm more concerned about getting scratches on the trims due to having it in my pocket. The rest is rubber and looks like it will only be chipped when dropped. Don't want to go overboard and have the whole plastic look and feel.

Had to step back and put the N down. I was afraid of throwing it across the room. Not coz of the phone but coz of the front bodyguardz trim. The silver trim area in front. That thing is so thin and difficult to line up. I guess I must have stretched it out when I attempted to realign by pealing it off and putting it back on. Coz now I got mucho slack when I get to the corner. I got the screen and battery cover on with ease, though.
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

I ordered one today!!

I ordered one today!! Screen only. Didn't notice the discount. I missed it.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yah good choice. I don't think the full body is worth it.
  7. Hormazd

Hormazd New Member

I ordered two and will use them as a template. They just aren't clear enough for me and distort the screen.
  8. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

im debating on getting one of these. it looks very nice.my only concern is the transparentness of the material? is it blurry at all? i have a nap i want to preserve and iwould like to add a full skin of some type.
  9. Hormazd

Hormazd New Member

They are blurry. The best solution I have found is a clear iPhone cover that I place horizontally on the Q9N screen and then cut the edges with a sharp razor blade.
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

mine comes out really clear. the first day it looks really blurry coz the soap that you spray on it needs time to dry. it also helps to use the squeege.
  11. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

I'll second what ninjaap said. The first day they look funky do to the fact it is not completely dry. After 24hrs tho it should be perfectly clear and not blurry at all. The biggest key is to get them on with the least amount of air bubbles and then use the squeege to get as many of the bubbles out including as much of the liquid as possible off after you have it placed on.

As I've mentioned I've used 3 different companies products and they are all the same. Even the clear film for an iPhone is the same product as I've dealt with those myself for friends and it is no differnt. It's just each company has you apply them a little differnt if you read the instructions. Personalyl the simplest install is using this clear film prdouct from phantonskinz.com IMO. On theirs you do not spray anything on it so it get much less bubbles under it when you first apply it. Even with bubble tho if they are minimual they go away after a few days as it dries more, you just don't want to leave any major air pockets under it.
  12. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

Completely agree. My BodyGuardz is crystal clear. After letting it set up overnight, it becomes 100% invisible. I put one on a Nap I gave to a friend and he did not realize the screen protector was affixed (his reference point was his old moto q9c without a BodyGuardz).
  13. lildman

lildman New Member

Coupon code?

Does any body else have any more Coupon codes?:laugh2:
  14. manbat

manbat Active Member

25% off

=======================

25% off untill 3/10/09.....BOANDWHIT at checkout.
  15. lildman

lildman New Member

Thanks for posting this one...I forgot to :embarassed: I found it after I posted the question, but I am having second thoughts about buying one now!
    How are they working out for those of you who have one?
    Anyone use the whole kit yet?
  16. manbat

manbat Active Member

Works fine.....

==========================
    Works fine.....Little cloudy first day. Let it dry...don't put it in a case and don't carry it around until after it's dry. After that ..can't tell its there!
  17. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

they work awesome, I've been using them for ages on numerous differtn devices.

As mentioned the key is to get as much of the solution out when applying them, and then let them dry. Best bet it to do it at night before heading to bed and let it dry. Then after a full 24hr it will be totally dry and should barely even be noticeable on the device.
  18. manbat

manbat Active Member

I just used the Screen.....

=======================
    I just used the Screen..... ninjaap used the whole kit....seems he had trouble with the corners and little pieces.
  19. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yah it was pretty hard for me. If you got the patience for that kind of stuff then its worth it. I sure as heck won't buy another whole kit again unless im using it on a device like an iPhone coz that only had two large pieces, front and back.
  20. lildman

lildman New Member

I put the whole kit on and would recommend it. This was my first kit like this and it was difficult to put on, but I believe it is well worth the effort. If I were to put it on again it would be a lot easier and would look a little better, but all in all everything fit really well. The large piece that covers the silver sliver on the front of the phone (around the edge) and the sides are the hardest to put on and I stretched mine a little bit and had to make an alteration on the piece that covers the silver front (cut a section out) but the pieces that cover the battery cover and section above the battery cover where the 2 megapixel is written..absolutely flawless. I have attached a few pics. Hope they will help people decide if they would like to try the whole case out.

Attached Files: