Board Express support?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Site Help' started by kareljack, Apr 23, 2011.

1. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

When I browse these forums on my Focus, I keep getting a pop up message that the forum is compatible with the board express app, yet the app itself says that it's not.

Pop up : " This Forum is has an app for Windows Phone! Click OK to learn more about BoardExpress."

BoardExpress: "Valued customer: Board Express is currently supporting phpBB, vBulletin, SMF and IPBoard. You are trying to open a forum running XenForo - a brand new and interesting platform. We are currently looking into possibilities to support XenForo as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience."
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I've been in touch with the developer. He would like to support XenForo, but hasn't provided us yet with timeframe. I'll reach out again and see if I can get a firm date.
  3. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I'm actually more curious about the pop up messages - apologies for the misleading post - because it's a bit distracting whenever I browse these forums on my phone.
  4. chris

The trouble lies in the fact that we support TapaTalk, which is the reason for the pop-up. The x-factor is that BoardExpress is the WP7 client for TapaTalk (since there is no official TapaTalk client for WP).

Let me reach out today and see if I can get some feedback from the developers. I see your point, but hope we can find a good solution. I might be able to remove the popup on WP7 devices, but still offers support for TapaTalk on other devices. That is, until BE offers up support for XenForo.
  5. chris

Just a quick note that I've sent a note to the developer with some suggestions for a fix. I hope to hear back soon.
  6. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

7. chris

Sorry for the delay. My research has proven fruitful and the developer informs me that testing will begin shortly. He hopes to have support very soon. I've made the changes requested on eWM, so hopefully we'll get some good news from the developer.(y)
  8. chris

This should be fixed now. I did some upgrades yesterday and tested with my Focus.

Still working with Board Express developer on making eWM compatible.