Bluetooth tether new firmware anyone ?

Discussion in 'Mac and Motorola Q' started by liquidart, Mar 8, 2007.

1. liquidart

liquidart New Member

Bluetooth tether new firmware anyone ?

I have the new firmware and called verizon and paid for them to enable the tethering. But cant get the connection working with bluetooth which is my only option as I have a mac. I had it working with the old firmware and the reg hack and I understand that the free hack doesnt work with the new firmware, but does bluetooth/mac still not work even if you pay verizon ?

My old phone croaked so I had to get a replacement phone, hence the new firmware.
  2. bcaslis

bcaslis New Member

If they really did enable the tethering option (I think it's called BroadBandConnect Access) then it should work. I have it working fine. Did you pair the Q with the Mac? Once you do that it should work the same as before. If you do have everything setup, then I would either check your account online or call Verizon to make sure the tethering option is enabled. You don't need any hack if you have the option on and are using the new firmware.

3. liquidart

liquidart New Member

ok, I found the problem ! Listen up for anyone migrating to this new paid option from the old hack. With the old hack I used the bluetooth dialup script apple internal 56k modem script per the instructions I found when setting up the old reg hack. Now, you need to go in and change the script to au cdmaone bluetooth adaptor or the cdma 1x script seems to work also if you dont have the other one.
    When trying to troubleshoot this I looked everywhere in my setup, but forgot to experiment with other scripts as you have to go into network>bluetooth >bluetooth modem>script

I looked and dont see mention of using this script, but may have missed it.
  4. bcaslis

bcaslis New Member

That may work but it's wrong. You should use the Verizon Support (PC 5220) script. Works like a charm and gets you the highest speeds for the bluetooth connection.

5. liquidart

liquidart New Member

ok, even better, thanks for the tip, I will try it.

Did I mention I was on the phone with verizon tech support, who didnt know, and asked the experts on staff who didnt know, who asked the apple guy who happened to be there that day, who didnt know, who called motorola, who didnt know to change the dialup script.
  6. bcaslis

bcaslis New Member

Glad to help.

Unfortunately I believe it. I've yet to call support for any large company and actually get someone who knows the answer for any non-trivial question.