Bluetooth sync

Discussion in 'Bluetooth' started by jchtrumpet, Apr 23, 2008.

1. jchtrumpet

jchtrumpet New Member

Bluetooth sync

I have the Q9h. I can sync my contacts and calendar with active sync but everytme I try to sync with bluetooth, the contacts will double themselves and the calendar with hang up. I then have to remove the battery and give the Q a reset. It will never complete the task with bluetooth. Bluetooth works with my headphones just fine, just won't complete the sync of the calendar. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks, John
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Could you enlighten on how to Sync through BT? I can't seem to get it to work. I tried going through the help menu. It says to set a comport under BT settings in PC. But I can't seem to find where to set the comport.
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Active sync does most of the setup for BT sync automatically, I'll know how to do it for Vista (if that's what you run) in about a week.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I'm still on XP. I thought so too. But when I try to connect using bt in active sync in my device it just times out. AS in my device shows that it's connecting and the BT icon in pc shows that it's connected to something, but it never connects.
  5. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

you should be able to set the COM port from withing the partnership settings. I'm away from my PC right now so I can't look at it right now. i'll check when I get home from work.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Thanks! I got it to work. I just went through the com ports in connection settings (as you suggested) one at a time until I found one that connected.
  7. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Paco, I am running Vista, can you hit me up with the how when you have it and working. I am not in a rush but would like to give it another shot. Thanks.
  8. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I'll be all over that. Hopefully by next saturday.
  9. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Good, please don't forget me. Thanks in advance.
  10. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

so, unfortunately my stimulus package ended up stimulating some bills. My laptop (and vista) has to wait again. So, I won't be able to offer any help with the Bluetooth sync to vista...
    *why should I expect different? it's been the same story for the last 4 years...*
  11. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

sorry but I know how you feel. my stimulus package hasn't even arrived yet and my bills have already put their foot down what is going to happen with it :)
  12. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

being a "responsible" adult sucks sometimes...
    oh well, I still have my Q
  13. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

No kidding.
  14. 17techie

17techie New Member

found it out i think

i figured this one out on my own... you have to download the windows mobile device center for vista, and with your device displayed under mobile device settings click connection settings. where it says allow connections from one of the following, select bluetooth, and make sure the box is checked. then on your phone go to activesync, click menu, then connect blutooth, find your pc, and it should connect.
  15. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

thank you for your comments and I am glad that you figured it out to work for you. This issue is very old and all the options you mentioned were obviously tried since we are pretty familiar with the phone and other options. This was at a level and stage that is beyond simple fix, but none the less thank you.
  16. cbarillas

cbarillas New Member

Bluetooth ActiveSync failure on Smartphone Q9c

Hi. This is my first time posting on any forum. I've been trying to get my boss' Moto Q9c to ActiveSync via a Cirago BT dongle (it works fine with a tether). It appears to connect and to authenticate but then fails with connection errors. I've read through many of these posts and will try the "every com port listed" approach but wonder if anyone has had similar problems with the Q9c that they were able to resolve. I've been told by Cirago that the Motorolas are missing profiles that allow ActiveSync to work with Bluetooth. I hate to bang my head against a wall that isn't going to give no matter what I do.