Bluetooth issue with jeep uconnect

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by cray1000, Jun 30, 2008.

1. cray1000

cray1000 New Member

Bluetooth issue with jeep uconnect

Hi i just got a new jeep with the sirius traffic navigation system and i am having a problem with the uconnect (bluetooth handsfree) system. I paired the phone and all that works, but just about every other call, i get no audio out of the spekaers and i have to turn it off using the right button menu, then usually the next time it works. I THINK the issue is the phone, not the car since i know people with the same system and say they have no problems of this type.

thanks
  2. uninc4709

uninc4709 New Member

make sure your visible to others is the only thing i can really see interfereing but i dont htink thats your issue.
  3. cray1000

cray1000 New Member

yeah its already bound and the phone works, so its not a binding issue. its just that there is no audio on every other call (just about).
  4. DavPNewman

DavPNewman New Member

Maybe you have it fixed by now, but I got the same system in January. I found out that Jeep had a software fix that came out in about May so if you haven't had that updated yet do so. After I did that I still had some problems but I then updated from a two year old Q to a new one and now it worked. I did have some problems last week which is when I saw your note however those problems were due to our server at work that my Q was trying to synch with. That problem has since been resolved. Hope this helps
  5. cray1000

cray1000 New Member

Thanks. i am running the latest version, but still having the issue. iam thinking of buying a new phone, either the q9c or the vx6900 (or that new samsung pda phone) hopefully that will solve the issue.
  6. Joe Bell

Joe Bell New Member

Does any one know if select Phones or Blackberrys are compatible with 09' Jeep Wranglers?
  7. snomom

snomom New Member

It's not the phone!

We got our Jeep Liberty Limited 2/08 and have had problems with the Bluetooth & GPS system multiple times. We have second guessed ourselves more times than we can count, thinking ourselves to be incompetent---we are not! After multiple service calls and supposed system replacements and upgrades and repairs we are still in a deadlock with our dealership over this. To pay all this money for a car (and I love the vehicle itself) with all these extras, only to have one problem after another, is unthinkable. The system is a very poor piece of equipment...some have no trouble apparently, but others do. My husband is actually enroute again (40 mile trip each way to dealership) to deal with this issue yet again-and the screen went kaput again.
  8. snomom

snomom New Member

I went through 4 phones (for various reasons) and I had trouble with each connection to the Bluetooth UConnect. I will not replace my phone again!! I also have the audio problem. I spent 25 minutes trying to reach two people and after multiple calls to each one (their phones rang and got no audio, I got nothing but a "connecting" signal that I finally gave up on). This is ridiculous to annoy somebody continuously because your UConnect system can't get it right!!