Blank Black screen after "waking-up" from standby mode....

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by djanggo, Nov 20, 2007.

1. zelendel

zelendel Member

Ok thanks. I was afraid of that..I would rather have the web set up on her phone as she uses email more and will just have to email pics instead of using MMS. Thank again
  2. boost

boost New Member

So in a random act of kindness the universe has fixed my Moto Q9h.

How you might ask?

I'm not entirely sure, but here is what I can tell you.

I cleared out all of my old sent, deleted, and non essential received text messages, turned off predictive texting, and erased my personal predictive dictionary.

I then went into my browser cache - internet explorer and opera - and cleared out all of the temporary files, cookies and history.

And last but not least I turned off the smart back light feature within power management.

Is my phone perfect? No. It's still takes a second or two to get the screen to wake, but it is vastly better.

I realize all the above evidence is anecdotal, but it's all I've got until motorola gives us a fix.
  3. boost

boost New Member

Well I think I have narrowed down this problem to one thing.

Charging the battery.

I'm not sure what part of the process triggers this issue, but it only surfaces after charging.

My phone has been on its best behavior for almost one week, but it does regress when i do a partial charge.

I'm buying a Nokia E71, and getting on with my life.

Windows Mobile & Motorola......A mistake I will NEVER make twice.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

haha...did he just say Nokia outloud?! =)
  5. boost

boost New Member

Phone Of The Year

I'll scream Nokia out loud....

I used my Nokia Symbian based E70 for over 2 years, and decided to retire it when a friend thought he was doing me a favor and offered me his new Moto Q9H.

It turned out to be a big bag full of Moto / Windows Mobile HURT.

The Nokia E71 was recently named Cell Phone and Smart Phone of the year, and has been universally praised by everyone who has had a chance to employ it.

Is it the end all be all? Of course not. Will it fullfill my needs for $199 peices of Wampum? You bet.

[​IMG]
  6. boost

boost New Member

Recently my Q9H starting "Blacking Out" again even after a full battery charge. So on a whim I cleared out my SENT SMS (TEXT Message) Folder.

Like magic all was well again!
  7. joj5541

joj5541 New Member

I also went through the heartache of trying to find the software-related fix for my screen blacking out. I eventually got mad enough to hit the phone with the palm of my hand. Wouldn't you know it - the screen lit right up. I don't use that much force today, but a light press of my thumb on the screen gets me what I want %100 of the time.

Judging from the number of people here experiencing the exact same symptoms that I did, I would venture a guess that even if you've handled your 9h very carefully from day 1, this could be a weakness in its design that all or nearly all 9h's would be susceptible to.
  8. ssaint04

ssaint04 New Member

I fixed mine by turning off the password requirement to unlock.

Been doing it for a week. Haven't had the black screen since.
  9. cthomashowell

cthomashowell New Member

Oddly enough I attempted your method of repair and the screen worked immediately. This is obviously a hardware defect so hopefully the aforementioned method continues to work. Thanks for the suggestion.:wink:
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

now thats a touch screen. was the phone powered up when it lit up or was it booting up?