Blackberry Hype....

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by doulos, Feb 19, 2009.

1. doulos

doulos New Member

Blackberry Hype....

I actually don't understand all the Blackberry hype. When getting a new phone, most of my friends are making the leap to Blackberry (they prefer it over an iPhone). I had a Blackberry, but actually like my Moto Q better. Sure it has a shorter battery life, and the web browsing doesn't seem to be as quick as a Blackberry, and it has no native Facebook app, but it is a dang good phone.

I can check my email with it, I can keep a long list of contacts on it, and for me it is easier to use than a Blackberry.

I just don't get it -- maybe it is a Moto Q user thing.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Think is is the fact the the Q will be a thing of the past. The line has stopped. It is the next logical step.
  3. sherri

sherri Active Member

Why would a BB be the next logical step? Saga seems closer to the Q, or any WM device.
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Forgot about the Saga, then I have no idea.
  5. doulos

doulos New Member

Perhaps that's one thing that intrigues me. I actually like the WM interface, maybe because it is so similar to what I use all the time on my desktop. Of course, Blackberry doesn't have it.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Maybe cause WinMo's future is up in the air now.
  7. doulos

doulos New Member

Well, Moto Q has its limitations, and the line is coming to an end. I do feel there must be something out there (or soon to be released) better than Moto Q, but I don't think it is a Blackberry.

My gut feel is that everyone is jumping on the Blackberry bandwagon now, and a couple months from now something much better is going to hit the market.
  8. dmm5157

dmm5157 New Member

I'm waiting for the Palm Pre. I've seen how well the operating system works in the demos, and that's exactly what I've been looking for. It's also FINALLY coming standard with a browser with flash support.

5 people at my office just went to the BB Curve. Even my boss, who's the same old-fashioned Nextel for 5 years got one, and he doesn't know how to do anything besides make calls.

I think they look nice, but I don't like the interface and lack of ability to fully customize like you can do with Windows Mobile.
  9. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

HTC seems very dedicated to the Windows Mobile OS. I think they will make Windows Mobile phones as long as they cane.

I personally have my eyes on an HTC Touch Pro... or maybe even an HTC Touch Pro 2 if Verizon ever gets one.

My phone renewal is in 2010 and I have no plans on upgrading my phone anytime before then. Apparently Windows Mobile 7 is going to hit sometime around april of 2010.

All I can say is this... if Windows Mobile doesn't offer a smooth and powerful experience like Palm's WebOS then they are going to have a hard time convincing me to stick with Verizon.
  10. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I think people are moving to BB because that is "what everyone else is doing." It is a simple fact of life that generally speaking people tend to look for groups, and with the Blackberry and iPhone brands being the popular ones right now, people will switch to those knowing their friends and family have them. If WM was popular, you'd definitely see more people switching to phones with the OS.

I am also very intrigued by the Palm Pre and its webOS. Its sense of design and efficiency are what I find most appealing, not to mention the native support for social networking services. At first the rounded pebble design turned me off, but every time I see the phone it grows a little more on me. I still have 11 months on my Sprint contract, and plan to use the my Q9c at least until it is up.
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

of all people! cant believe you almost jumped on the BB Wagon! Q dying...sure. Winmo standard dying..maybe. WinmoPro...not yet!
  12. doulos

doulos New Member

I agree with the thought that people move to join the groups of others who have similar phones. A couple of years back it was all about the Razr. Although I have an old Razr, I was never that crazy about the phone itself, I just liked the sleek size.

To me the key is the operating system, and in that regard Blackberry's isn't worthy of the hype. I see Symbian and the new Palm OS as being very promising. I'll be looking to a phone with one of those two systems when it is time to renew my contract or to purchase a replacement for my Q.
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

There's a BB hype ?

PotBB
  14. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

I find the Blackberry OS to be rather rigid. I don't like the software selection. Granted Windows Mobile has a limited software selection, but I like being able to jump into the registry and tweak any aspect of the OS.

Blackberry has some SEXY devices. It's a shame I'd never buy one though.
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Nope, not jumpin yet. Plan on sticking around for a while. Something always comes out to save the day.
  16. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I moved from the Q to the Saga. Been very very pleased with the choice. I do not personally like the B hardware. Those tiny little roller balls drive me nuts. When i'd consider jumping, the older models have a "challenging" size / shape to them, in my opinion. I also detest the QWERTY double tap option keyboard like on the pearl. Talk about a crappy interface!

Anyhow, I don't like and never have liked BB hardware. That was always the drawback for me.

Also, I happen to like WinMo. (climbing into Kevlar now)
  17. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

honestly, if i could trade my Q ffor a storm or bold..id be all over that.

I love BB'S :)

potq in the airplane :)
  18. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Nothing like using the "Skyphone."
  19. EQBob

EQBob New Member

That's a pretty BOLD statement there Brandon <G> (couldn't resist) You might cause a tidal STORM of protest.
  20. doulos

doulos New Member

*groan* Maybe I should switch to a Blackberry -- there has to be a better sense of humor on their forums *smile*