Blackberry Connect & WM 6.1 Saga

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by RedScare, Jul 31, 2008.

1. RedScare

RedScare New Member

in 6.1 AKU is .1.0.4
  2. RedScare

RedScare New Member

GREAT GOOGILY MOOGILY! IT WORKED!

Thanks so much pvenkat. No kidding, I will gladly buy you a beer.

When I changed that AKU setting, and did the BB Connect install, I immediately got the registration message from the BB Server. I was able to get my Service Books resent, and everything seems to be working great.

Thanks so much for the tip!
  3. mexiken

mexiken New Member

So whats the actual tip ???? Can someone run it back to me ???? Is it changing that key to 1.4.0 ????
  4. RedScare

RedScare New Member

Here's the way to make the current version of BB Connect work on WM 6.1 (thanks to pvenkat for the tip):
    • Install 6.1
    • Use reg editor to change HKLM|system|versions|AKU
      • From whatever it was (.1.0.4 in my case)
      • To .0.4.1
    • Reboot
    • Install BB Connect (version .97 is the latest version as of this post).
    Everything is working like a charm, and I am happily connected to the BB server.

Nice.
  5. snick

snick New Member

sweet, I'll give it a try myself. What exactly is the AKU key?
  6. snick

snick New Member

Worked for me as well, although under the system email folder I have some old messages from my inbox. New messages come through just fine into the correct folder. Thanks for providing the solution pvenkat, you rock!
  7. pvenkat

pvenkat New Member

Thanks to Xda-developers

I am glad it worked out for you guys. I got the info from xda-developers so big thanks to xda-developers for the original solution. It is the same case for TMobile DASH and AT&T Tilt (WM Pro). For some reason, BB Connect checks the AKU version and it does not work if it is above certain level.
  8. MystressNyx

MystressNyx New Member

From Wikipedia 'cause I'm lazy lol, "An Adaptation kit upgrade (AKU or Adaptation kit update) is a way of updating Microsoft's Windows Mobile. It is a collection of updates, fixes and enhancements to the tools delivered to hardware device manufacturers to create or update devices based on a specific platform."
  9. snick

snick New Member

hehe guess I could have googled that too. Thanks for that Mystress.

Have you guys noticed synchronization issues with the software? Specifically the deletion of items either on the handheld or within outlook? If I delete an item from the handheld it doesn't delete it from exchange so when I come in the office the item is still there. Also deleting from outlook does not remove it from the handheld. I will say all settings on the blackerry server are set for synchronization both ways.

The blackberry connect software also seems to pop up randomly when selecting another function. I was checking the time/alarm settings today and boom here comes the blackberry connect screen. This also happened placing a call and checking voicemail.

Hopefully a new version of the software will come out that addresses these issues if it truly is a programming issue.
  10. RedScare

RedScare New Member

1. Open the BB application
    2. Go to Settings > Services
    3. Find the [CMIME] entry for one of your email accounts, and highlight it and choose VIEW
    4. On the Properties screen choose Details
    5. There is a 'Delete On' section where you can control whether it deletes on just your handheld, or also the server.
    6. Note that there are some providers (like gmail) that I haven't been able to get this to work on. For my corp enterprise server it works great though.
    This is a problem with the old-school desktop plugin kicking in. I would suggest changing your homescreen to one of the options that doesn't have Blackberry in the name, or switching to the old fashioned "classic" 6.0 interface.
  11. snick

snick New Member

Is that the same in 6.0? I don't recall making that change and it synched fine. Regardless though that worked like a champ! Thanks for the assistance again.
  12. snick

snick New Member

oh how do you like using the Q over a blackberry? Have you been using it long?
  13. RedScare

RedScare New Member

Those are the same settings from 6.0. It doesn't default to the right things, so I've always had to make that change manually.
  14. RedScare

RedScare New Member

Had a Blackberry 8700 prior to this phone, and have been using my Q with BB Connect for about 4 months. I'm very happy with it.

Took awhile to get used to the fact that my Q is either attached to the BB network or the normal AT&T GPRS. In other words, if you want to browse the net, you either:
    • Use the 'Blackberry Browser' and get to the data through the RIM pipeline. The BB Browser (shortcut in the BB folder is just called 'Internet Browser') is a special way to launch IE that uses the BB network for its data.
    • Use Opera or IE and connect to the AT&T network (medianet usually). This connection knocks you temporarily off the BB server, but it will reconnect in a moment or two after you stop browsing. If you look at the BB status during this time, it says "Blocked, Radio in Use".
    Since this is different than what I was used to with my 8700 (which was always connected to BB whether I wanted it to be or not) it took me awhile to realize it was working as designed.

This does point out, btw, one of the main reasons I like using my Q for Blackberry, rather than a Blackberry... and that is I can suspend Blackberry Connect if I don't want to get work emails.
  15. reiner97

reiner97 New Member

I got the service to connect with the regedit but now I have 2 system folders, one is receiving messages but I can't access it. Any ideas?
  16. Mike_Sumner

Mike_Sumner New Member

Blackberry Pop Up Problems

Hi snick,

I too had that porblem after upgrading to WM6.1 and it got so bad that I almost went back to WM6.0. I even tried another Q9h device with 6.0 on and that didn't have the pop up problem.

And then I discovered in a forum somewhere on this site, that when you upgrade to 6.1 there's an option in the "Start" panel called "Get Blackberry Connect". Just select that option and follow the prompts and everything worked fine. :smile:

I had to do a tethered authentication to finish the installation as opposed to wireless, but that's no biggie.

I've now really started to enjoy WM6.1 and it's slicker interface.

My next issue is switching off the BB connect security screen 'cos it look RUBBISH! :angry:

Anyone with any ideas?

Cheers.
  17. Mike_Sumner

Mike_Sumner New Member

I'm using the Q9h and hundreds of my work colleagues are using various blackberrys (curve, pearl and bold) and in comparison to my Q9h theirs look utter rubbish. Now I've got the BB connect software working sweet it kicks sand in the face of anything blackberry.
  18. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Kicks sand until your coworkers get the Bold. :)