Black vs Silver

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Sathanvs, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Sathanvs

Sathanvs New Member

Black vs Silver

is there any difference other than a physical one btween the older black and the newer silver or "pinstripped" models?
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Get the black one. Keyboard backlight on the silver is terrible. It's hard to make out the keys in certain lighting situations.
  3. Sathanvs

Sathanvs New Member

Yeah, i have the silver and know what you mean. I was looking to pick up a 2nd Q as a backup as I'm just not a touchscreen texter and can't see anything beyond my Q at this time.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I came from a Q9h to an ATT Fuze and am very pleased with my choice. You get all the benefits of browseing on a touchscreen and the satisfaction of a physical keyboard. The touch pro 2 (Fuze 2) on t-mo is out, Vzw and Sprint versions in september, no official date for ATT yet.
  5. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

I agree with ninjapp ...
    I cans see a Touch Pro 2 in my future !!!
    unless something better rolls out by then.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Something better always comes around... :dft012:wink
  7. bragl123

bragl123 New Member

The silver Q9h has 2 improvments over the black Q9h, or so I have read.
    1. Crystal Talk (can't compare the difference between the black Q9h with 6.1
    because I wasn't able to try one.
    2. Over the Air Updates: I can't get this to work or at least give me a message stating "No Updates are available at this Time" to let you know if went to the Microsoft or Att servers and checked something.

http://www.phonenews.com/motorola-q9h-silver-updated-ota-updates-a-gps-crystal-talk-4735/

I agree with the blue backlight on silver keys. Plus the number keys need to be highlighted better than having a "lighter" shade of silver at the top. It's hard on the eyes in dim light.

There was a black Q9h with 6.1 available at the ATT store, when I bought tried this one for the 30 day trial. Other than the Crystal Clear being a hardware issue on the phone, the FOTA just doesn't connect. Even the ATT store couldn't get it to connect, but the ATT rep said that was going to be "the" feature. That supported what I had read on the web. When I went back to try the Black....they were all gone...hmmm....a month before they were pretty much all gone..silver included....hmmmm....ATT never said they were discontinuing the Q. Hmmmm...they always tell you at the stores....this is what we know today...THEY don't usually tell us stuff like that (the Q9hs will be able to get WM6.5 directly to the phone bypassing the pc...pwhy...because of the FOTA feature). I think all carriers are like that, but if not true, it is outright lying. Guess we'ld have to prove it. Otherwise....I like ATT!