BJ II vs Q9h "My Location"

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by mexiken, Jan 20, 2008.

1. mexiken

mexiken New Member

I passed them just fine actually.

Seeing as how I don't develop software for a living (you have to like that sort of thing, and it bores me after awhile), I only know what I learned in my classes, and there was no business aspect of it. Like I said, I could be confused as to how they are actually distributed, and I was. My bad.

You don't NEED to interact with the API's directly to write something on the platform. You can create a managed code app to run on Windows Mobile platform. The .net framework allows for this, with the references that have classes that can be used. Anyone with an SDK kit who actually bothered to read would know this....

I've put a simple app I created in C++.net with VS on my phone, and it ran just fine.
  2. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

Do you not see how your post could seem demeaning to real programmers. You have pretty much just said the equivalent to "I could have been a guitarist but after a few lessons it became really boring. But, I can play 'Stairway To Heaven'".

Just a little advise, stop interjecting personal information into your posts. It becomes difficult for anyone to reply without it becoming personal.
  3. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Wow, you're a real piece of work....

I'm not trying to be demeaning to any programmers in any way, unless you're one....

They succeed at something I do not, finding a passion for programming. I admit its fun, and I like to dabble in it, but its just not my cup of tea. Thats why I'm not a Computer Science major anymore. Compared to them, I suck, and wholeheartedly admit it.

What I was trying to point out is that you don't NEED an API to get to work on making an app for WM. It can be done without it, and I know because I tried making a simple little calculator program that runs on my Q9h, and it did for the most part. I don't define playing "Stairway To Heaven" as being simple....and I know I said simple in my other post. Only you'd take that as "I can play Stairway to Heaven " Sometimes you make me wonder whether your brain functions like the rest of ours....

Programming, as with virtually everything in life, is not too hard to get started on, but its hard to be good at, and make a living at. For that, you need immense amounts of talent, and a passion for it. I don't pretend to be good enough to, I only recount from my limited experiences.

You must play guitar, since you used a pretty decent example of a challenging song. I happen to dabble in playing guitar too :laugh2: Either that, or you do what you seem to always do, assume. It doesn't take a genius to realize its a pretty hard song to play :wink:

Anyway, I'm done. I don't want this thread to become off any more off topic, seeing as how I started it and I would still like some help on making that work for the Q9h, if anyone is still interested in helping.

You're the last person I would take advice from on what I should or shouldn't post, so next time, save your energy and don't bother typing it. You're more full of hot air than anyone else I've encountered in a forum, ever.

And you might want to run through your posts through a spell checker before you post them, seeing as how virtually all of your posts contain at least one spelling error. At least your grammar and dicton is adequate though....
  4. U-2

U-2 New Member

It is not true. May be, you did not use Win32 API, but you used .NET API anyway.
  5. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

Maybe you are so full of yourself that you don't read how other's might perceive what you wrote?

I don't want to waste my time to reply to your posts but you are such a pompous ass I can't help it. I only reply with my opinions to the topic and if my opinions differ from yours or contradict your arguments and make you look stupid. Well, that is your problem.

In your earlier post, you directly attack me and said "I don't know what I'm talking about" and to support this statement you claim taking a few programming classes is enough to give you the right to make that judgement instead of actually coming up with anything substantial to prove me wrong. Finding nothing else to attack me with you proceed to pick on my spelling? And, calling me names (remember douchebag)? What is your problem? You can't handle someone not agreeing with you?

And, I suppose you don't know, but "Stairway To Heaven" is what all posers used to play in the music stores and now making it a joke to do so.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

ok ok...enough...
    get back on topic or the thread will be closed

thanks
  7. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Probably so, and I stand corrected. All I used was a couple of classes and some really simple arithmetic operators to make things divide, take percentages, multiply, add. The basics. I just wanted to see if it could be done because I couldn't believe that just knowing C++.net was enough knowledge to let me write apps for the WM platform.
  8. drait

drait New Member

Could it be that the BJ2 has both aGPS and GPS capabilities, and thus the "My Location" works on it (via aGPS) and why it doesn't on the Q9h? I've got both a BJ2 and a Q9h and I'd have to say with the GPS in the BJ2 being as painfully slow as it is, it probably needs all the help it can get.
  9. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Well, I remember hearing that the BJII is as slow, if not slower, than the Q9h, so it would be surprising if it had it. But Paco is pretty much the expert on the GPS stuff, he'd know better than I would if the BJII has aGPS or not. He's a whiz with that stuff.
  10. mexiken

mexiken New Member

A little something I whipped up so people wouldn't be confused as to the difference between the two.

Here it is.