Bing mobile

Discussion in 'Samsung Omnia' started by blackmeto, May 12, 2010.

1. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Bing mobile

is anyone able to use the new bing mobile with voice navigation on their omnia?
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

Works on my TP2..Stock Verizon WM 6.5 ROM
  3. chatmaster20

chatmaster20 Member

I have issues as well. Says my device is not recognized. I am running Waremike's ROM. Haven't tried it in a few weeks, but it hasn't been working for me.
  4. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Update

"Courtesy of dbrand666"

Running the latest Bing on “not supported” devices
    By dbrand666

There’s a new version of Bing available here that supports speech input and turn-by-turn spoken directions. It even seems to have traffic avoidance. I’ve barely had a chance to play with it yet but I wanted to pass along a fix for the “Your device has been identified as not supported.” error you’ll get on any but the very latest phones.

Go to the Bing install directory, mine was “\Storage Card\Program Files\Bing”, and edit the file “Bing.config”. Find the entry “UseAppServerUpdates”. Change the value from “True” to “False”. Save the file.

That should do it. The application runs now and I don’t get the error anymore.

This was tested on an HTC Kaiser running some 6.5 ROM.
  5. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

Thanks for the post but I can't find bing.config anywhere. Could be because I'm running winmo 6.1.
  6. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

no look in the bing install folder for me it would be /mystorage/programfiles/bing
  7. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

I don't know why but its not there. Only thing I can think of is that its because I'm using winmo 6.1 or Bing version 4.6.9179.1 which is the latest I've been able to download.
    EDIT: I have all hidden files as shown and even tried exploring with a registry editor for a while. I'm open to any suggestions.
    [​IMG]
  8. manbat

manbat Active Member

9. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

Thanks that actually worked.
  10. manbat

manbat Active Member

Glad that I could help..
  11. blegs38552

blegs38552 New Member

Bing for Win 6.5

Tried installing on my Samsung SPH-i350 Intrepid. Told that it does not support my device's resolution. Anyone have any ideas - perhaps an older version?
  12. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

13. chatmaster20

chatmaster20 Member

Thanks, blackmeto. That actually worked. However, this new Bing seems really bad. I really enjoyed the old format where it would show the movie times, gas prices and a lot more. Now, it seems like they are just rendering MSN pages, where I don't even see the whole list of movies.

Did they stop working on the old Bing? And are there still files around for the old version?

Thank you!
  14. manbat

manbat Active Member

My old bing no longer works on my TP2.....I had the old from the ROM and the new installed to my SD Card. A few days ago the old bing gave me a prompt saying I must update to continue using. When I updated the old it was replaced with the 'Verizon' version that only works with VZNavigator. I had the working version protected on my SD Card. I removed the VZW updated one and deleted the shortcuts to the one in the ROM......It's just wasted memory now...lol. But the Turn by Turn still work on the one install to the card!