Better IM Client

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Apps and Games' started by Htet Naing Lynn, Dec 16, 2010.

1. ajayden

ajayden Member

2. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

Wow lost in touch with the forum and seems like most of us are waiting for the right IM to come along. I guess I will email too. If anyone is working on something like this or feel like sharing the resource (such as source code or reading materials on writing such one), please share it here. I guess rather than waiting for them to write one, if we could come up with our own one (gonna b a bit buggy hehe), it'd be great (hopefully it's free too) lol. Please keep all of us posted, if any of us happen to encounter such app in the marketplace. Cheers !!
  3. ajayden

ajayden Member

Was trying to connect using meebo today and thought of using the web messenger on Yahoo.
    Guess what! It works perfectly. It is a good alternative until an IM client is released. I opened the desktop version of Yahoo and clicked on Yahoo messenger. The mobile version of webmessenger opened and works well.
    ninjaap likes this.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Niiiiiiiice!
  5. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

I dun use yahoo :confused:. Damn ! Wish Google talk works too. :(
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

If the web version of an IM client works, perhaps the web version of Trillian could work?
    Just a thought.
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I gotta test that out. I haven't used Trillian in a while. I hope I used the same password as I do now...
  8. n99hockey

I use it on Chrome as a web app, and Android its not without its faults but it gets the job done more or less :p
  9. ajayden

ajayden Member

I tried Trillian just now. I get a prompt on the page that it requires Flash 10. :(. Yahoo Web Messenger is the best option as it is optimized for mobile.
  10. n99hockey

Damn, so close :(
  11. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

First, I was so convinced that it's just a matter of time that this platform will grow v fast in the future. Now, I'm starting to think that my prediction was wrong. I hope Microsoft would be leading the development for a few other important applications (like IM that would allow us to connect to different IMs). This is so disappointing.
  12. ajayden

ajayden Member

Not really...your predictions were right....there is a technical issue. Let me explain.
    Most of the clients (IM+, eBuddy, Agile messenger, Meebo etc) connect to services (Yahoo, MSN etc) directly using sockets but in Windows Phone 7 sockets API is not available yet. Therefore, developers will be ready with the layout and software structures but have to wait for updates. Currently they can release clients but then it will be expensive for them as they need to connect through proxy servers.

We can expect IM clients around MWC dates.
  13. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

Ah thanks for shedding light on me. I do really hope to see some good stuff on my phone. I told my friends totally off that ifone is going to be whatever and I chose to buy HTC HD7 :confused:. lol now they mocking at me and say well dude ya wanna play some game ? use our fones. lol that's a bit pissin me off :(. no offend but ofcuz i understand it will take some time. Please let us all know if there's a good IM client in the marketplace. Thanks all :D
  14. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

Good news is I tried using www.meebo.com on phone browser and it works just fine (ofcuz not as good as using on ur computer) and the bad news is, HTC HD7 antenna is so bad as if u will keep getting disconnected whether ya on wireless or 3G.
  15. termleech

termleech Member

Well the other interesting thing about the sockets. WP7 is based on silverlight or xna. Well in order to use sockets in silverlight the client you are connecting to must have a special file to indicated you are allowed access. I hope either this is not the case for WP7 or that the popular im servers will allow access to developers with tbe special file (you can do a wildcats for the file)
  16. ramson

ramson New Member

The license is used for various digital products such as articles, graphic templates etc. Because there are many buyers of the same product, the price of a single unit is generally lower than if one would create a similar product from scratch.
    While licenses differ with each author and seller, the basic premise is that the license is nonrestrictive, giving the buyer all the rights (excluding). In practice this means that the product can be modified, sold, or repurposed. In some cases on the original product is allowed. Most common restrictions include give-aways, selling or reselling.
    Marketers use the products for reselling under their own brands or in the case of written products for online marketing through channels like and similar.

PLR
  17. DarthTedd

DarthTedd New Member

I just emailed them. :whistle: