Better IM Client

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Apps and Games' started by Htet Naing Lynn, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

Hi everyone,

Just bought a HTC HD7 and loving it. Seriously looking for an application something like ebuddy where I can log in to different account (Gtalk, Hotmail, Yahoo) and chat on the go. Any idea such application exist on windows 7 mobile OS ? (Preferably if it's a free application). I tried going to m.ebuddy.com from the phone but it says that it doesn't support the file or something like that. Any input would be appreciated.
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

No such luck yet. Only ones I found is FIM (facebook chat) and Messenger by Miyow (msn messenger chat)
  3. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

Guess will have to wait for some time. Seriously, looking for one and if i come across, i'll let everyone knows. just one thing i'm not sure i should post under this thread or not. any idea how to install a new font on the fone ? My mother tongue is not available on the fone and been googling a bit. still haven't come across on installing new font on wm7. thanks
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Sorry, I do not. I haven't come across such a post in any forum yet.
  5. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

thanks. I guess there might b a way cuz I was just reading some text in chinese. That means it supports unicode I guess. Anyway, one more question sorry if it does sound stupid. How can i connect my mobile to my pc ? I tried plugging in the USB cable from my fone to pc, but no new driver letter appear on my computer and Zune is not running on my pc. It keeps crashing whenever I try turning it on. Thanks
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Not sure what would cause that. Which OS are you running?
  7. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

XP service park 3. Thanks
  8. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Do you have Windows Installer 4.5 installed on your PC? If not, try installing it and remove and reinstall Zune software
  9. termleech

termleech Member

Go visit http://www.beejive.com/ and tell them you want a client for WP7. They have already told me that if they get enough emails saying people want an IM client for WP7 they will develop one.
  10. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

Huh ? some kinda joke ? If that's the case, they might get lots of spams. Better wait for ebuddy or meebo to come up with something free. ;)
  11. termleech

termleech Member

Some kind of joke? Not, it's no joke. Beejive is one of the best clients there is (ebuddy is awful, meebo was alright). I'd happily pay for their IM client on the WP7.
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I sent them an email. Beejive was my favorite IM client on WM.
  13. ajayden

ajayden Member

Agile Messenger is also a good client. Hope they come with a version for WP7. Will email them too :)
  14. Pockles

Pockles New Member

Any developers our there working on an app or want to start working on one? Or is everyone waiting and hoping for one to be released within the next couple of weeks?
  15. ajayden

ajayden Member

Checked the IM+ forums and this is what one of the team members have posted :
    shape.jpg

To see the post, click here
    ninjaap likes this.
  16. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Thanks for that link! I hope IM+ comes out with a good app for WP7. I've never used it, but I remember reviews from other platforms were not so stellar. It received one of the worst reviews for an IM app, especially because it's price tags didn't warrant it's bugs and usability compared to the dozens of free apps. Can't remember which platform it was for, but they were trying to sell it off for $29.99... WHAT?!? :rolleyes:
  17. ajayden

ajayden Member

Yes you are right. It was buggy in the initial days but then it evolved into a client with robust design. I have used Agile Messenger, ebuddy and IM+. Agile messenger is the best out of the three.
  18. Luis Lopez

Luis Lopez New Member

Has anyone tried Nimbuzz? I had it on my Bberry and it work fine
  19. ajayden

ajayden Member

Yes have used it and its a good client but then there is no indication of a Windows Phone release.
  20. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yes. Nimbuzz was another good one.