Best Windows Phone 7 Apps

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Apps and Games' started by chris, Aug 17, 2010.

1. JustinSurf

JustinSurf New Member

Flixster - Movie trailers, reviews, etc.
    MSN Money Stocks - Still a little on the slow side but has a nice view of stocks and news.
    Shazam
  2. overmanone

overmanone New Member

This is my first smart phone so I don't have much to compare to but here's my list:

Last.fm - runs in the background while doing other things and is accesible through zune interface
    Podcasts! - love being able to stream podcasts when I don't get around to loading them in advance
    Craigs7 - best craigslist app I've found so far
    Poynt - best app I've seen for finding cheap gas stations near where ever I happen to be
    Flixster - I actually think it's easier to look up a rottentomato review on my phone than on my PC
    WeatherBug - preferred over Weather Channel

Still looking for a good sports update app and a decent shopping list app
  3. BitPusher2600

BitPusher2600 Member

"Spending Money"
    Once you get what's going on, it makes a superior checkbook register. I always kept one on my previous device because, well, my phone is always with me. Certainly worth the buck and change :)

*Edit:
    Sports wise, I follow the NFL. It's not in depth, but straight to the point, an app just called "Scores". Shows all games, with names and logos, score, quarter, etc. I think it was free too. Works very well, it's how I follow games while i'm at work.
  4. Cerif27

Cerif27 New Member

Netflix - Working REALLY well for me.
    Cardstar - I have all my membership cards loaded and thought I haven't used it yet, my butt already thanks me for making my wallet so much thinner.
    Flixter - It's a little slow but it's much better than the iPhone version IMHO. It's now a live tile as well.
    Local Concert - Does it's job well. Seen better but it definitely does it's job.
    Wooter - Passable Woot.com aggregation.
    Ebay - Does it's job well also. Pretty too.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

IMDB
    MSN Movies
    Yelp
    Perfcet Tip Calculator
    WeatherBug
    Huffington Post
    SimpiReader Free
    YouTube (you NEED it to watch youtube clips)
    Shazam

The Harvest
    Oregon Trail
    Twin Blades
  6. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

Cerif, you might want to see how well Cardstar works at the places you frequent. I've heard that some scanners have trouble with it.
  7. TheMBC

TheMBC New Member

Beezz or Seesmic is MUCH better than the official Twitter application.
    (Sorry if this has been posted).
  8. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Member

Spin Paint is awesome! You'd have to be limbless to make an ugly picture with that app, it's really fun and easy.
  9. Amymax

Amymax New Member

That's What She Said - over 40 voices - really cool! you should hear Satan's Hangover
    Flashlight - it's a REALLY good flashlight (i think it's put it out by HTC or ATT). Simple,but nice to have!
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yes! HTC apps are great!

My favorite is the Attentive Phone app. It gives me the ability to activate speaker, while on a call by placing phone face down; mute ringer on incoming call by placing phone face down; reduce ring volume on pick up; increase ring volume while in pocket.