Best way to keep dust out: Protech Full Body Shield, Case, or both?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Dougmeister, May 25, 2010.

1. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Member

Best way to keep dust out: Protech Full Body Shield, Case, or both?

I do not want to add a lot of bulk to my Q9C, and ideally I'd like to keep the quick functionality that I enjoy now by just taking it out of my pocket.

I've tried some generic screen protectors, but the dust keeps coming. I know that if I had a belt loop holster, that would solve the problem, but I already have a holster for my iPod Touch. I thought about getting a nice case (book-style, flip-up, or "pouch" type), but then I lose the "quick and easy access".

Then I found this thread, and it seems that I can get a full body shield, which supposedly protects the phone from dust yet adds very little to the overall bulk.

Is that the best way to go? Thoughts?
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
  2. mhans311

mhans311 Member

I assume you're talking about dust under the screen? I had the same problem with my Q9m. I just got one of those rubber skins from ebay for like $5. It does add a little bit more bulk, but not much. That combined with a plastic screen protector seemed to reduce the amount of dust coming in quite a bit. The full body case they talk about on that thread looks like it may be a good option as well.
  3. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Member

Yeah, dust under the screen.

If they *do* work, I'm also worried about the keyboard and buttons. How do they function as compared to without the "skin" over top of them?
  4. mhans311

mhans311 Member

The rubber skin that I got off ebay didn't cover the keyboard. It did cover the d-pad and the soft keys, but they were still very easy to press. It still has the outline of all the soft keys so you can see where they are. I checked out the protech protector they talk about in that thread and it looks like it doesn't cover the keyboard either. It does cover the soft keys but not the d-pad. You can check it out here: http://www.protechyourdevice.com/servlet/Detail?no=287