Best Skins Ever Pics

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by m_kranzler11, Apr 19, 2007.

1. lembowski

lembowski New Member

2. twigglius

twigglius New Member

:shocked: ahahhahahaahah... as are you.
  3. blachole

blachole New Member

I gotta say m_kranzler11..these skins rock. I got mine literally in 2 days. I just put them on the phone, only took about 20 minutes and they are amazing. Totally worth the $9. They could easily sell these for much more. I will take picture tomorrow when I can. Thanks again for the recommendation!
  4. m_kranzler11

m_kranzler11 New Member

Glad I could help out! The great thing is they make these for virtually any electronics device, including laptops! You can scratchproof everything!
  5. RhinoDoc

RhinoDoc New Member

I like the look of this. One thing I can't tell - can I get into the battery compartment? If I am out for a long day and expect lots of usage, I will carry a spare battery - would I be able to change it out?
  6. m_kranzler11

m_kranzler11 New Member

Yeah it is a separate piece that goes over the compartment. They even make one for the extended battery.
  7. thunder01

thunder01 New Member

Does the Q still work in the holster? (it is tight as-is)
  8. m_kranzler11

m_kranzler11 New Member

That I am not sure. I don't have a holster so I couldn't check that for you. It would depend where the holster contacts the Q. I would say that it probably would though.
  9. .plaid

.plaid New Member

So a month in do you find that any of the pieces are peeling off? Looking at the pictures I see many, many corners where the adhesion could be lost.

Best,
  10. Knox

Knox New Member

More Acuraziners? Uh oh...I'm from there too. Haha. :2cool:
  11. TheCoach

TheCoach New Member

My wife had the bottom section on the front peel off, but we had an extra so we threw another one on there.

As for mine, no problems.
  12. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 New Member

I have a BSE on my Q Black. I too was sold on these after getting one for my Zen Vision:M.

Also note you can get the full body or just the screen protector only for the Q. I went with just the screen protector because the black's exterior is already rubbery and scratch-resistant.

My tips for application:

- Get a small, shallow bowl
    - Rinse it out thoroughly (important!)
    - Wash hands
    - Put ONE TINY drop of dish soap in the bowl
    - Now with your finger, wipe most of that drop of soap out so there is just a TINY bit in there
    - Put a small amount of warm water in the bowl (You only need like a half-inch)
    - Stir up the soap into the water
    - Let the suds settle. You can remove the suds with a spoon. You just dont want any bubbles to get on the skin when you dip it
    - Set up at a clean table (give it a wipe with a damp cloth)
    - Power off device, get it squeaky clean and crystal clear
    - During the entire time of the next steps wet your fingertips in the solution and keep doing so as needed. This is important because it will prevent fingerprints from getting on the inside of the skin
    - Peel off the skin (with wet fingers!), and DON'T FORGET which side is which
    - Dip it in the solution. Pull it out and make sure there are no bubbles or bits of dust on it (and there shouldn't be if you properly prepared)
    - Let excess water drip off
    - Apply skin. Once it goes on, you have about a minute or so to get it shifted and adjusted into the proper position. Get it lined up and flat, pushing out any bubbles. You can use a credit card for this but in the case of the Q I found it was just easier to use my fingers.
    - Gently (!) dab excess water off the top with something lint-free if possible and then give it the visual once over again.
    - If it looks good, now it's time to leave it alone and let it set. This should be AT LEAST 12 hours. BELIEVE THIS. Don't mess with it after an hour because it "looks" dry. It could easily move. Best thing is to apply it in the evening, then you should be good by morning.

Don't worry if it doesn't look 100% perfect right after application. As long as it is lined up properly and has no bubbles, it will look great in the morning.

Need to remove a BSE? Warm up a corner with a hair dryer for a few seconds, and it will come up. Keep warming BRIEFLY the rest of the way as you peel it up. It doesn't take much, and obviously you want to be sure you aren't heating up your device, possibly damaging it. I once was able to successfully do this to remove a piece of debris, and then re-wet and replace the skin.

Hope it helps... you guys won't want to have anything without these once you have one. With a BSE over your screen, you can just wipe the screen off on your shirt if you want, without a second thought.
  13. SubhumanDerelict

SubhumanDerelict New Member

Great find! I'm seriously thinking about buying this, but I have just one reservation. I see on the site that it covers the area surrounding the lens of the camera (but not the lens itself, of course). The reason why I have stuck with my case for so long is I am paranoid about the lens. The case provides that precious few extra millimeters of distance between it and the side of my pocket. Has anyone here had any issues with using just this skin and random crap getting stuck in/scratching the lens?
  14. mickiemagik

mickiemagik New Member

Just bought one for my Q and 80gb iPOD, we will see how it goes when I get them, maybe even a photo writeup
  15. Xian

Xian New Member

*ponders*

intriguing. but ... do i really need it?
  16. SubhumanDerelict

Well, that's for you to decide. I needed one for my Nano (1st gen) due to its beautiful but easily-scratched surface, even with the case I bought. The same goes for my PSP. Now here I am again, with another relatively high-end device. Considering the protective screen's marginal cost, I think this is a good investment. My only qualm is the exposure the camera lens will receive to dust and other potentially damaging objects.

The bottom line: if you hate sending things back in for replacements and/or if you plan on keeping your Q for a while, this or a case (or both!) is definitely worth it.
  17. Xian

Xian New Member

i think the only thing i'm really concerned about ... and it's not a concern as much as an annoyance ... is how easily the screen gets muddied up by finger prints and just normal oils from the skin. does this react the same way or does it keep the screen a little "cleaner"? I generally just wipe off the screen on my shirt or whatever when i finish a call or after getting fingerprints on it but even that doesn't really "clean" it. to get it nice and spotless, i have to use a chammy thing.
  18. SubhumanDerelict

I don't think this will completely stop fingerprints/oils, but it will help a little and oils do wipe off much easier. Also, this will virtually eliminate the chance of the screen being scratched when you wipe it off, regardless of the material you're doing it with. The only thing I allow to touch my screen, other than the smooth and stationary plastic of the case, is a microfiber cloth (paranoia from my first Nano still haunts me). I don't know how easily this particular screen scratches, nor do I care to find out. For 8 bucks, if I didn't have a case (Ha! that'll be the day), I'd just buy it. Hell, I might get one anyway for good measure in case I wanna slip it in my pants to keep a low profile at a club or something.
  19. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 New Member

With a BSE, a case is really not necessary unless you are prone to dropping things or you just like the looks.
  20. Zuck

Zuck New Member

I wish I had known about these before I bought my crystal case for my 5G 30GB iPod. That case scratched my poor iPod to hell and back. Oh well, at least I won't have any more scratches! I can't wait to apply these to my MotoQ and iPod!