Best Skins Ever Pics

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by m_kranzler11, Apr 19, 2007.

1. m_kranzler11

m_kranzler11 New Member

Best Skins Ever Pics

Hi guys, I just bought my Alltel Motorola Q last week, and the other day I got a BestSkinsEver Skin and applied it to my Q. If you guys are unfamiliar with them, it is a skin that goes on the phone that is pratically invisible that will not allow your Q to be scratched. You can literally take a key to it and it won't get scratched. I have one for my Creative Zen Vision M, and you can get them for many other electronics. They are very cheap, and if you have ever heard of Invisible Shield, they are the same thing but cheaper and they don't come with the lifetime warranty. Here is a link to them - http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-25/Motorola-Q-Total-Body/Detail

Here are some pics of my Q with the BSE applied :

Attached Files:

2. blachole

blachole New Member

Hmm..I am tempted at this. How hard was the install?
  3. m_kranzler11

m_kranzler11 New Member

Not too hard. You get a bowl and fill it with diluted window cleaner or soapy water, dip the skin in, then line it up on the device. You want to make sure that it isn't dripping though or the liquid could get into the device cracks, but even so you aren't supposed to apply it while it is on and you are supposed to wait a few hours in order for it to dry. You then use a credit card to squeegee the bubbles out, and just press the corners where it may not stick completely. If you ever want to remove it it doesn't leave any glue either, that's what is nice. They are awesome because you can just through your Q into your pocket or purse and not worry about getting it scratched. You can usually put another case over it too to add drop protection. The best thing is that since it doesn't get scratched, the resale value is good since it is still like brand new.

Here are some more pics :

Attached Files:

4. MotQNNJ

MotQNNJ Guest

You can't even see it on the Q. Nice! Can you use the OEM holster with the bestskin?
  5. dhoom

dhoom New Member

installation is easy

I installed it first time and I can tell it's not hard...just take your time and do it right. It looks nice and does the job well
  6. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I bought the one made my ShieldZone for my Q and it applies similar. They give you a sqeegee and you use the spray they supply to put it on with. Looks great
  7. lembowski

lembowski New Member

Is there any blurring of the screen? I got the protectors from qdepot and they fuzzed the screen up alittle
  8. carlg

carlg New Member

BSE for Q

Sounds cool. Are there any retail outlets for these, or just online?
  9. m_kranzler11

m_kranzler11 New Member

There are NO blurring of the screen! Thats the beautiful part. You can't even tell it is on. Also, I am not sure if you can get them at retail outlets, but it only takes about three days to get it by mail, and you can pay with paypal if you want. The ShieldZone skin (invisible shield) is the exact same thing. I have had an IS for my Zen as well as a BSE, and they are the same thing, only the IS comes with a life time warranty against scratches and I think they are $19.99, whereas the BSEs are $8.99 with no warranty, but more often than not if you mess up applying it they will send you a new one at no cost. And I'm pretty sure it would work with the OEM holster, it may be a little snug though.
  10. blachole

blachole New Member

I just ordered one. For $9 you can't beat that, its worth a try to see how they are. Thanks!
  11. m_kranzler11

m_kranzler11 New Member

You won't regret it! Post some pics after you apply it!
  12. neutral

neutral New Member

It looks like theyr'e $6.99 now
  13. blachole

blachole New Member

$6.99 + $2.00 (Shipping in US) = $8.99
  14. lembowski

lembowski New Member

Ok you got me. I just ordered 2........i guess my friend can try it out too. $14.99
  15. m_kranzler11

m_kranzler11 New Member

Post some pics when you get them. I know you guys won't regret it. Just remember to use either diluted windex or soapy water, since the slipperyness allows you to adjust it on the phone, whereas it is very hard to adjust with just water. And make sure you don't put it on when it is dripping wet and the device is on. Enjoy guys!
  16. LurkingNemo

LurkingNemo New Member

How well would this work on the verizon black Q? The slightly rubberized texture I'd think would prevent any skins like this from getting a good seal on the surface. Anyone tried it and found otherwise?
  17. m_kranzler11

m_kranzler11 New Member

It would work fine, since my Q from Alltel has the same rubberized surface. I had no problems getting it to stick.
  18. TheCoach

TheCoach New Member

I originally went out and bought a case, and it made my Q really bulky ... So I started looking around and found the Best Skins Ever web site.

Ordered two of them, one for me and one for my wife.

Set up shop one day at a table and took some time to apply them both. Piece of cake!

Just a few suggestions:

- Wipe down your Q of all dirt, smudges, fingerprints, ect.
    - Soak the skin, then lightly shake it to remove the majority of the water/solution. You still want it to be really wet, it just doesn't have to be dripping.
    - Take your time - the whole process will take no more than 10 minutes for the entire Q, but it isn't something you want to rush.

For those that asked about the screen - it looks crystal clear.

I HIGHLY recommend this product.
  19. twigglius

twigglius New Member

20. LikwidFlux

LikwidFlux New Member