Best Screen Protecter

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Floods7, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Floods7

Floods7 New Member

I have an HD7, when I bought it I got the screen protecter they sell from T Mobile which feels good but really dulls the screen. What screen protecter gives you the best picture?
  2. Joey Pruett

Joey Pruett New Member

Good question - I certainly don't know the answer. I did buy and install the ZAGG™ invisibleSHIELD for my Focus and had the same concern as it dulled my screen. However, after a perfect installation, a few days, and working all the tiny bubbles out, I'm really happy with it. Hth. -Joey
  3. jab119

jab119 Member

I have a clearfreaks clear screen protector for my Samsung Focus and it looks nice and feels good, I had a invisiShield on my iPhone for a few days and hated it.

http://www.clearfreak.com/HTC_HD7_Clear_Protectors_p/htc-hd7.htm

I actually bought 2 of them because i am really horrible at applying screen protectors. If you get one of these, do NOT buy their "squeegee" its just a credit card sized peice of plastic and will scratch the protector. I ended up using a micro fiber cloth to smooth it out and remove the bubbles.

it does take about 36 hours for all of the bubbles/water to go away. I was a little worried at first, but even their web site says it takes about 24 hours.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

+1 on Clearfreak. Very good quality and it was under $5.

There is no substitute for going screen protector free though.
  5. jontyrees

jontyrees New Member

-1 for Zagg. At least the dry install type - nasty orange peel effect and expensive :(

Maybe naked is the way to go with Gorilla Glass?
  6. jab119

jab119 Member

I would say no... put something on it...

James
  7. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

I hate having my high end devices naked. I purchased a ZAGG InvisibleShield (Wet Application) and it not only allowed me to install it flawlessly, but it remains flawless on my phone. It even self heals (don't ask me how)!
  8. Despair

Despair New Member

I really like my Zagg InvisibleShield, even though install was a bit of a pain in the ass, however I have a few dimples in the shield itself now that won't go way (think like on a golf ball) and I have no idea what caused them since I baby my phone.
  9. LifeAquatic

LifeAquatic New Member

Does the Clearfreak dull the screen? I hate for that to happen - the awesome display is the best part of this phone. Sigh, the things that you have to do to protect these high-end electronics.. it's like caring for a child... :)