Best Case/Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Samsung Omnia' started by primetimw6, Jun 19, 2009.

1. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Best Case/Screen Protector

I recently had to purchase this phone becuase I lost my Q. I have left it alone for the first 30 days.

I better get a screen proector and or case to preserve it. Any recommendations?
  2. sulster

sulster Active Member

I don't mess with screen protectors, but on the case question DON'T BOTHER with the black neoprene case from Verizon. It barely stayed on my phone and collected dust and stuff like a lint brush. I also bought a "rubberized" hard plastic case, which I liked more but I eventually took it off, too, b/c it took away the lovely slim factor of the phone...

Here's what it looked like:

http://www.handhelditems.com/samsung-i910-omnia-rubberized-shield-hard-case-black-p-22620.html

I can't remember where I bought it, though. I think I paid over 10 bucks for it.
  3. txter

txter New Member

i have the black rubber flexy case from vzw. i love it and it stays on fine for me. i do take it off sometimes but its nice over all. as for screen protection, i dont bother. do the hack to increase the scroll bars and it will be much more finger happy for you.
  4. sulster

sulster Active Member

What about how it picks up dirt, lint, stray cat hairs and various dustballs? :)
  5. txter

txter New Member

not to bad. its easy to clean though
  6. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

i agree with sulster I have cats and that silicone cover was like a cat hair magnet
  7. txter

txter New Member

to each their own
  8. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

I am worried about the screen getting scratched
  9. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Quick link on how this is done?
  10. txter

txter New Member

For the horizontal (bottom) scrollbar:
    HKLM\System\GWE\cyHScr = 9 (DWORD decimal)
    For the vertical (right) scrollbar:
    HKLM\System\GWE\cxVScr = 9 (DWORD decimal)
    The default thickness is 13. mine are now 19.
    you will need a regestry editor. i use phm. its free.
  11. sulster

sulster Active Member

Mine seems pretty resilient, but since I'm a gal, I can put mine in a compartment in my purse and not worry about keys, etc, scratching it in my pocket...
  12. WVOz1970

WVOz1970 New Member

I'm pretty happy with Invisible Shield from ZAGG. Kind of a pain to install, but once it's on, it works great.

As for case, I just use a generic Body Glove holster with magnetic flap. I think I got it at WalMart.
  13. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

FWIW, I just got the screen protectors from VZW. Works great and no worries about scratches. No case.
  14. slider4105

slider4105 New Member

I agree about the VZW screen protectors. I hated the Zagg InvisibleShield that my girlfriend got on her phone, it was too thick and made it so you had to have nails to type. The VZW feels just like the normal screen.
  15. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

16. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

I like mine like I like my women: naked most of the time.

:dft002:zombie

After waking up I should probably say simply that I've tried rubberized protectors but go with a screen protector only.
  17. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

18. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

what about the silver paint?
    will it rub off?
  19. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

I've only had mine for a couple months - so far: no ruboff.
  20. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

the lady's old env 2 had a issue where the chrome started coming off