Best case for carrying Q in a pants pocket

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by driverseven, Jan 22, 2007.

1. driverseven

driverseven New Member

Best case for carrying Q in a pants pocket

I would prefer to not keep a key lock on my Q and I like to keep my phone in my front pants pocket.

The Motorola case that comes with the Q presses on keys simply when I insert, and several times I've taken it out to see that the camera is trying to take a picture!

Does anyone have a recommendation?

I like the looks of the Motorola Original Vertical Iconic case but wonder if it will have the same problem...

[​IMG]
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I was going to suggest a pouch case, but yes you'd need to have keylock on to avoid the phone turning on.

-Chris
  3. ridiculogic

ridiculogic New Member

Why get a case at all? I keep my Q in my front pocket without case and without key lock and have no problems.

Harness the form factor!
  4. driverseven

driverseven New Member

I tried keeping it in pockets without the key lock and gave up after 2 days.

It shut down and required a battery reset.

Now that I use key lock and keep it in a case, I haven't had a single problem.

I'm probably more likely to give it rough treatment than you -- It would never work in my front shirt pocket. It would fall out 10 times a day.

I haven't bought one yet -- I removed the belt clip that was on the case I got with my Q. Once I did that, it's slim enough that I can keep it in my pants pocket all day.

It doesn't look so great where I removed the belt clip -- there are holes where the stitches were. But the other side looks fine.
  5. 3000GT94

3000GT94 New Member

Plenty of options on ebay.

Just so you know, I ended up purchasing something similar to this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/FITTED-CASE-BEL...or-MOTOROLA-Q_W0QQitemZ200071585625QQihZ010QQ

I don't think it was from that seller but it looks just like the one pictured. I ended up using an exacto knife and cut the screen above the keypad. The rest of the phone is protected very well. The screen is also covered. The phone comes out easily and fits snug when inside the case. The only reason I cut the case was because dialing/typing was a major pain in the neck with the case.

There's plenty of options and styles to choose from on ebay though.
    I wish they had some of these cases in the actual Verizon stores.
  6. Dwain77

Dwain77 New Member

Depending on how much protection you want maybe check out the invisible shield. http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/MOTQF.html
    Of course the keys are still open to damage.

Look through their site, it's not your average screen protector plastic. It has a lifetime warranty. :laugh2: I have this shield for my handheld GPS and it's pretty nice. I was worried I would like the way the screen looked with it, but I really don't even notice it's there. By the way I carry my GPS through the woods so it gets roughed up by sticks, sometimes brushes against trees...maybe even rocks on occasion. I've not seen any scratches or problems yet.
  7. Lythium

Lythium New Member

Does anyone know if this case has a belt clip on it too? I'm assuming it does.
  8. 3000GT94

3000GT94 New Member

One thing that I kept in mind when looking at cases was if I wanted to take the phone out everytime just to see what time it was or who was calling. You might want to keep that in mind. Just offering my 2 cents though.