Bell Mobility Data Plan

Discussion in 'International' started by khuas, Sep 27, 2007.

1. khuas

khuas New Member

Bell Mobility Data Plan

Hi! :laugh2:

I just signed up with Bell Mobility in Canada two days ago and got a snazzy black Motorola Q that I'm rather pleased with. :smile:

I do have a question though - I signed up with the 4MB plan. Thinking about it, this seems rather low. Is it?

I guess I assumed that any plan that was meant for a device like this would include a sufficient transfer limit but after reading here and on other forums about people claiming to do only a modest amount of surfing and then getting surprised at a huge bill is making me question whether I made the right choice about all this.

I switched from Telus to Bell so I could get this Moto Q and had intended to use it for occasional surfing, like when I'm waiting to pick my daughter up from school or waiting for a friend to meet me, etc. It's sounding like the internet access stuff is going to be relegated to emergency use if 4MB isn't
    as much as I am starting to think it isn't. :frown:

So again the question is "How much is 4MB?"

(Until I get my first bill I can't use any of Bell's sms/online account usage features either)
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard.... well, 4Mb is close to not a whole lot. after a few days of light surfing my cache in PIE is often +10Mb to give you an idea..

sure it's not 4Gb ?
  3. khuas

khuas New Member

Hi rudeboy. :smile:

Yup, it's 4MB a month.

I called Bell and confirmed it, also I am apparently unlimited for the next three months (Bell CSR never said anything about that nor does it show on my invoice, sheesh).

So I guess I'll worry about it then. Thanks for replying though. :smile:
  4. cleung

cleung New Member

Lucky you! How come I didn't get the unlimited for three months!? I just switch from the blackberry to the motorola q with bell, I used to have an unlimited data with 250 mins voice with bell, but since I switch from blackberry to motorola q, I have to pick a windows plan :frown:

Yesterday was the first day I used it, setup only the first 500b for each emails that come in, I got about 30 emails, opened 2 emails out of the 30, browsed 2 sites (namely etrade.ca and cityofheroes.com, and a page from the news that comes with the msn mobile... that's about it.. in 1 day, I already used up a bit over 2Mb. So, 4Mb is really NOTHING! Open a few emails, browse a few pages and there you go!

I should have stick with the blackberry, but I wanted a camera phone and Bell doesn't carry the curve nor the pearl! Sigh, I should have switch to rogers instead, not like their plans are any better though! :frown:
  5. khuas

khuas New Member

I presume I got the unlimited because I was a new Bell customer (coming from Telus).

It's my fault - although I would swear the salesguy said "4 gigs" and not "megs" I should've researched it first online (I was in the store with someone else who was buying one and decided to get one too on sorta a whim).

Of course, I might've just assumed "gigs" instead of "megs" as it's inconceivable to me that a high-speed internet plan would have its traffic measured in megs (and a lowly four at that) and not in gigs in 2007, phone or not, especially for $25 a month.

Heck, I think if I browse my company's home page a few times I've already reached 4 megs. :wink:

I also have a phone/talk plan on top of all this so I am going to look into seeing when I cancel the data part and just use it as a phone with games and music on it (which I can install via my computer).
  6. khuas

khuas New Member

Wow, heh.

So I've been on Bell a month now and up until the last two hours I've used 71 MB of data usage. :gasp:

Thank goodness for the unlimited data promotion for the next couple months!
  7. starlightapril

starlightapril New Member

HAHA!! indeed! Hope it all works out!
  8. riptorn

riptorn New Member

Well unlimited data is just around the corner. They now have a plan (all be it a bit expensive) that is unlimited data. Considering how fast an Internet connection is on my cell phone (about half my home connection I find) it might be worthwhile in the future dropping the home connection for an ANYWHERE unlimited connection. Imagine driving all the way to Montreal while surfing. Ok so someone else would be driving.

Or taking the GO to work in the morning and being able to surf and check email on your laptop for that wasted 30-60 minutes. No the limited email you have on the Q without pictures and real attachments.

Now I just need my ultimate device to come out. Large screen like the iPhone with a pop down qwerty keyboard (got the iPod Touch and the keyboard is great but not for fast emails) and Exchange server support. GPS would also be nice. And did I forget to mention WiFi and Bluetooth. The iPhone is amazing but no support for Exchange (yet) and no real keyboard make it hard to work. It is also way to locked up unless you hack it.

Enough of my rant for today. Enjoy your unlimited and remember to text TCARE every once in a while to make sure you haven't gone over your data limit (once you are paying that is).

N...
  9. i_am_the_boogieman

i_am_the_boogieman New Member

i had that proplem i only opped to have the 1.5 meg on my plan and i have and email account attached to it that only my mom, dad and boyfriend have incase of emergancy and they didnt email that address 3 alomst 3 months. and i only access the net 4 times and i show that on my bill and the times are right. but i have a 129.00 data charge so i went on the bell web site and checked the usage and there was times that it was used and i was sleping and the phone was in another room as i could only find the one plug in the hotel room. and the next day at the same time there is a charge matching the time and the data used. and the same thing happened once again a week later but this time i was working and as i work at a call center we have to keep our phones in the lockers and that is where mine was. so me phone is accessing the net on its own be careful