Beep sound x Reception

Discussion in 'Moto Q 11' started by InsolentMinx, Dec 8, 2009.

1. InsolentMinx

InsolentMinx New Member

Beep sound x Reception

HELP!!!

I recently bought a Q11 and I can't find the damn option to disable the beep sound when phone has no reception. :dft007:angry

I've searched through all the sound options but there's nothing related to that. :dft006:unhappy

Thanks to this beeping sound I have to keep my phone off at night cause I'm a very light sleeper...pls pls pls help me!

Thx in advance!!!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i believe if you turn off system sounds that will shut off all system notifications, also the silent profile should turn that off when you are sleeping
  3. InsolentMinx

InsolentMinx New Member

Thx for the quick reply...

I'm used to using my phones as alarms, so I'd like to keep it on for that purpose...when on silent mode, the alarm won't sound (I haven't tried that tho, I'm just guessing).

As for turning off the system's sounds, where do I find that option? Under settings, I have a category for sounds, but they are related to ringtone, alerts, etc...
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yea your alarm wont sound when on silent

start
    settings
    sounds -->you can try warnings and exclamation

or

start
    settings
    profiles
    select a profile and hit the right menu and hit edit
    at the bottom turn off system sound
  5. InsolentMinx

InsolentMinx New Member

So, as it turns out, switching the system sounds to OFF did not work. The beeping sound is still there. What I've noticed is that its actually linked to the GPRS and EDGE networks. Whenever the network changes the phone beeps (when the change happens, it loses reception and regains it on a different network).

How do I keep my phone from switching networks and therefore not beeping?

Thx much once again!