Beauty and the Beast: Samsung Focus & Omnia 7. I'm Thorn

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Redux7, Nov 18, 2010.

?

Beauty and the Beast: Samsung Focus & Omnia 7.

1. Beauty : Focus

100.0%
  2. Beast: O7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Redux7

Redux7 Member

Beauty and the Beast: Samsung Focus & Omnia 7

The Samsung Focus or the Samsung Omnia 7, which one suits me?, goodness I have not Idea.
    I have been patiently waiting for WP7 to drop since march of this year. I have been ridiculed using my very simple Samsung dumbphone. I almost mad a transition to Android when the Samsung GS appeared. I resisted and remained patient. Now that WP7 is out the plethora of devices makes it very difficult to settle on a device. Luckily have have narrowed it down to 2.
    It may not be a problem for those of you living in the US, since you have no choice but to settle for the Focus. I have a choice lucky me :(. I have until Tuesday 30th to make a decision on which Samsung device I will now flaunt.
    [​IMG]
    The reviews are mixed. There is not on clear winner based on all the reviews and videos I have seen.
    I was lucky enough to handle the O7. I havent yet seen a Focus in Bangkok but I am tempted by its sleekness. I would settle for the Focus if it had a metallic cover, or maybe not. At least that would sway my decision. The solid Moto Droid built of the O7 is very appealing but I hear that it has poor call quality.
    This is a constant back and forth.....

I need your esteemed votes and comments to help me settle. By the 30th whichever device is on top, I will purchase a post the unboxing here.

[​IMG]
  2. meridian

meridian Member

I think it's a no-brainer. The Focus is made of cheap, shiny plastic. Even the chrome around the side is plastic. The Omnia 7 has a robust and beautifully designed metal case. The only advantage of the Focus is the accessible SD slot. So make sure you get the 16 GB Omnia 7; 8 GB isn't enough.

(By the way, I love my Mozart!)
    Redux7 likes this.
  3. juniour

juniour New Member

I'd go for Omnia...didnt really like the build and shape of focus
    Redux7 likes this.
  4. WP7map.com

WP7map.com New Member

I have a Samsung Focus and like it. I don't see the issue with the plastic. I've tried the HTC Surround and liked it as well. But the Focus is lighter and I think more attractive. The Focus is a bit slippery though and needs a case.
    Redux7 likes this.
  5. meridian

meridian Member

Didn't you have a Surround last week, WP7map.com?
  6. Coty

Coty New Member

Love my focus... I don't mind the plastic because it still has a nice feel to it, plus it is very light... at least compared to my old iphone 3GS...
    Redux7 likes this.
  7. Redux7

Redux7 Member

Lots of good input...many good things for the Focus, seems like the O7 is as rare as it comes.
    Thanks for the feedback. Still have a week till I make my purchase.....
    BTW...for those of you who visit without commenting...Kindly take part in the poll.....