Battery

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by pizza3, Aug 28, 2009.

1. pizza3

pizza3 New Member

Battery

Since I got my O about 5 weeks ago I've been looking for a longer lasting battery. Only in the last 2 weeks have I seen any non-OEM batteries but alas they are even less then the original 1500 mah. They are temptingly cheap, about $16. incl shipping but they are smaller and of questionable origin. Anybody have a clue if it is possible to get an extended battery beyond 1500, even if it requires a bigger door?
  2. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

I have the motorola BT91 and I am very happy with the performance...but I like OE stuff
  3. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

also I got it from verizon for 16.99 by dialing #611
  4. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Yeah.. I really don't think that will work in an Ozone...
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

ya...O vs Q...just a pee in between but it probably matters! =)
  6. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Durn!! You mean HTC and Moto use different batteries? There goes my upgrade plan. Up in pee.
  7. PCWeber

PCWeber New Member

I have had vaious Windows mobile phones for 3 years. Last weekend we were away from home. I had a full charge Sat. morning and never put it on the charger at all overnight and used it all day Sunday into Sunday night and had 1 bar left at 11:30 PM. I have never, ever had a PDA phone go two days without charge and work ALL through the next day of normal use EVER.
  8. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

lol ... I didn't catch that. heck I was sober too !!!
    sorry :p
  9. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

sing the alphabet song :)
  10. pizza3

pizza3 New Member

Latest news!!!

Here's the very latest about batteries. Bought a battery off ebay advertised at 1650 mah. While I can't accurately measure its staying power it certainly seems to last longer. It looks a tiny bit thicker but still fits within the original case. Not bad for $8.50 with free delivery ( from Hong Kong). I believe its the same battery as fits the Touch Pro2 and Sprint Snap.
  11. paradisephoto

paradisephoto New Member

Ozone extended battery

I bought an extended battery from a seller on ebay for my Omnia last year, and it was a winner. When Verizon got tired of me complaining about my Omnia, they moved me to the Ozone. So I looked up the same seller on ebay, and sure enough, there is a 3200mah battery for the Ozone. I bought mine just over a month ago, and it is exactly what is needed. Lots of horsepower, and most days, still 3 of 4 bars left at bedtime (mine hits the charger at bedtime every night, pretty much regardless of whether it needs it or not). On days when I am hitting it heavy, running Wifirouter for a few hours, heavy emails (I travel pretty much every other week), it makes it through the day and to bedtime without any issues. I haven't yet been able to drain it in one day. Here is a current link to the ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3200mAh-MUGEN-E...wItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item518cf3da1d

It comes with the extended door, and the slide open/close camera port is really nifty. If your looking for an extended battery, this is the one to go with. Just my $.02.:thumbup:
  12. falconw13

falconw13 New Member

can you post a pic of the phone with the new back on it? Im looking to make this investment also just need to be sure that it doesnt get too bulky or i might buy another oem one.
  13. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

I went this update route (got the same style battery from the same seller in the previous post) and all I gotta sat is it's a lot bigger. I just got it today, so I'm not sure I like it or not yet. I'll try and get a pic of it later. Definately bigger than I was expecting. Going to see how long I can go without charging it as well.
  14. afallucco

afallucco New Member

If your phone breaks and you want to take it back for warranty, doesn't using a different battery violate the warranty? Just thought I'd throw it in there.
  15. falconw13

falconw13 New Member

pics yet?? :)
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

whatsuup gorg!? long time! =)