Battery

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by fab, Jun 2, 2006.

1. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

With the batteries being $19.99 w/free shipping I picked up 2! Those, combined with a desktop cradle with a spot to charge the spare keep my Q powered up.

I wish that Verizon had put the regular batteries on sale as well. :( You lose the slimness when you attach the extended battery.

-simpson
  2. scotty-o

scotty-o New Member

Yes, it is a great deal. Do not purchase directly from the store. The promo is for web only.

I did have a quirky bug w/ my first extended battery. New from the packaging, the extended battery would take a charge if placed in the extra battery port in the deskcharger. Once in the phone, the the USB port ceased to function. Using all forms of chargers (if you read my previous thread, you know I have them all), the port was dead for both for charge & sync. Swapping out to the standard battery resumed expected functionality. Support said it was faulty battery.... they were right.
  3. tangible

tangible New Member

I'm suspicious of the "kill all apps after using" advice. While dormant apps may take up some memory, it's hard to see how they would affect battery life. The key to long life is to turn off Bluetooth (if it's not needed), and to manage how often the phone goes online to check mail. Also, if you are in a area with no coverage, put the phone in flight mode; otherwise it will run at maximum power trying to find a network. The good news: While in this mode the phone will serve as a nice hand warmer on those chilly nights...
  4. jatkins679

jatkins679 New Member

Extended battery...

One of my co-workers went to a brick-and-mortar Verizon store and bought the extended battery straight away with no rebate, just $19.99 plus tax. I ordered one through Verizon online, free 2-5 day business shipping, no rebate required, $19.99 plus local sales tax.

They have to be losing money on these extended batteries. I think it's pretty clear Verizon is concerned about the life of their Q batteries... and that they see all the chatter about it.
  5. nanathegeek

nanathegeek New Member

My extended battery cover felt loose also, so I took it back to Verizon to exchange it. The replacement was just the same. I don't want to ruin the look of my Q by taping the cover down, so I cut the tiniest piece of adhesive-backed foam weatherstripping and stuck it to the inside of the cover (right by its release) where it had too much "play". You really have to look closely to see it and it's stopped the rattling that was so annoying before.
  6. RSmikle

RSmikle New Member

fab

hey fab...would you perhaps live in phili and work with TUV?
  7. dragonauta

dragonauta New Member

In the manual it reads that the battery will perform better after you fully charge and discharge a few times, though I don't know if this means that only initially and then you can keep it charging all day. I've heard both versions, that it's better to leave it charging all the time, and that's better to let it charge then discharge completely.
    This is a subject I've always wanted to read a definitive version about, and I think most people who use a dock would too.. I'd appreciate if you could post your thorough explanation on this. :)
  8. Dayspring

Dayspring New Member

Battery Solution

There is a company called cell boost that makes single use alkaline batteries to power up cell phones when the battery is dead. I bought one that was designed for the Blackberry but it works great on the Q. The model number is RM1. The great thing about this battery is that it is quite compact, provides emergency power when your main battery has gone dead, and most importantly give enough of a boost to the internal battery so that you can then connect the Q to a computer USB and recharge a dead battery. I just carry it with me all the time in my Laptop bag. You can buy these at many airport locations like Laptop Lane, and InMotion stores, and probably at radioshack too. Hope that helps somewhat.
  9. garretthome

garretthome New Member

Can you please explain to me how to change the email sync from 15 minutes?