Battery or Phone?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by ryant35, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ryant35

ryant35 Member

Battery or Phone?

I got a new replacement Q9c from Verizon under warranty for the 3rd time. And they as always don't send a new battery. So I used the original battery that is 1 year & 4 months old.

Now with this new phone that I have had for a couple of weeks the battery dies really fast. I timed it, right off the charger from the full charge alert to low battery alert to the phone shutting down in about 4 minutes.

It only does this when I make a call or use Skyfire or Opera 10, it lasts all day sending & receiving text messages & email.

Also after I remove the battery and reinstall it after it shows that it is dead, I turn it back on and it has 2 bars. This makes me think the problem is the phone, but I can't return it under warranty until I try a new battery.

I ordered a new battery off ebay (which I don't think is going to show up) so I ordered another one from a better retailer. So I will try the phone with a new battery to see what happens.

Has anyone seen this happen before? I know making calls & using data uses a lot more power but 4 min is way too fast.
  2. ryant35

ryant35 Member

Well I guess it was the battery. The ebay battery from China showed up today and now there are no problems at all. Made a 5 min call & used the internet for a few minutes and I still have 3 bars.