battery life

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Holleran, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Holleran

Holleran New Member

battery life

Hello

I have a first generation Q and am considering picking up a Q9c to replace it.
    My only question is how much better is the battery life on a Q9c in comparison to the Q. That is my greatest complaint about the Q and I'd like to get an idea of what to expect should I pick up a Q9c.
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

id say the same...of course depending on battery size! both models consume the same if comparing the two with the battery. only plus is the original can take a larger batt...3200..last long time!
  3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

My WM 6.1 Q9c is much better than my Q1 was and a bit better than my 6.0 Q9c was. All with stock batteries. The 9 comes with a slightly better battery.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

guess it depends on what ya get! my q9c lasted no longer than my q1..if not a lil worse...and the 6.1 update did squat! above and beyond battery life though..the q1 is just flat out more reliable and diehard...imho. id be still using mine if my carrier wouldnt of gotten out of the business!

but if you can slide into something new and keep the old for backup...why not!!
  5. bberryhill0

There is a reason that the Q1 came with a desktop charger and an extra battery. The Q9 doesn't. Go figure.

pim.vol is not the same in WM 5 and 6 so make sure you have a way to backup your contacts.
  6. Holleran

Holleran New Member

I use a 1800mAh extended battery with the Q1 and its better than the stock battery that came with it, which i think it was 1100mAh, but still its not so great. I have to charge every other day normally.

So the consensus in here is that there is none?

I assumed that Motorola got its act together by the time the Q9 series came out so that those phones would have better power management. I was hoping you more seasoned users would have had a definitive answer.
  7. bberryhill0

It depends on how you use the phone. I would guess that you don't have a data plan if you are getting two days between charges.
  8. Holleran

Holleran New Member

I do have a data plan but I don't have email pushed to my phone.
    Normal data use i guess. I check email maybe 4 times per day when i am not at my PC plus news and facebook. On top of that I use maybe 45 min max of voice calls on an average day.

The Q1 was my first smartphone but by comparison my girlfriend's BB Pearl gets 3-4 days per charge and she has the thing set to check for mail several times per hour. So I am hoping for better battery performance from a Q9
  9. bberryhill0

My Q1 was lucky to get 12 hours on standby. My Q9 gets three days on standby until the battery goes south after 6 months. YMMV
  10. Jabba the Hut

Jabba the Hut New Member

My Q9c came with the regular sized battery. I could not get 12 hours out of it, it may have been defective however.

I scoured the web and got the BT90 battery for under $10! and of course the extended batter door, which cost me more than the battery unfortunately.

Now I can get 4 days of average use (idle at nighttime but not shut off)

Installed Candlelight, seems to help.

There is my 2cents