Battery Life SUCKS

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by akgoulds, Mar 30, 2008.

1. tkedch

tkedch New Member

I did experience some problems with the phone after the initial installation. But I since hard reset everything. Now my problem is that no matter whether I install or uninstall the candle light program, the screeen looks dim either way. Is there a way to undo the program and reinstall with reseting my phone again?
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Actually, candellight doesn't brighten the screen, it creates a lower level to the backlight to save battery life (and your eyes at night). What kind of problems were you having, and which q do you have? You don't need it on any of the Q9 series because they have a "smart backlight" that kinda does the same thing.
  3. tkedch

tkedch New Member

Sorry for not making it clear in my original post. I have a Q9c, and I did notice the smart light function under power management(if i rememeber right). I got the software from my friend whom had the original Q. What i was trying to say was initially i was able to dim my screen with candlelight and able to undim when i click on the program again. But after the hard reset, and after my second installation, it doesn't matter whether candle light is installed or uninstalled. The screen is dim. Since you brought up the point that smart light is of the same purpose, maybe those two are interfering with each other??? NO?
    THank you!!
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

it's possible. also check the lens over the sensor in the upper right corner of the phone (it controlls the smart backlight) It should be clear, if it's cloudy or dusty take some canned air and gently blow into the seam by the chrome trim to remove the dust.
  5. tkedch

tkedch New Member

I played more with the smart backlight and candlelight. I think i found what caused the non-responsive issue i had with candlelight. The reason is as I was suspecting, the interference between smart backlight and the program. As soon as my candlelight is switched off, smart backlight kicks in. So what I did was turn off smart backlight, which I didn't notice it working very much to begin with, and let candlelight dictate my backlight.
  6. jefffree

jefffree New Member

Thanks for the advice. Will give it a try and see.

I noticed my battery life has gone down considerably since the good folks at VZW recommended using Wireless Link for my email, rather than the original "accounts." Before WL, I used to easily get 12+ hours for the standard batteries. Now it's down to about 7-8. :thumbdown