Bad phone or storage card?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by bheidemann, Jun 23, 2009.

1. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

Bad phone or storage card?

I recently upgraded my Qm to the Saga and in doing that transfered my 4 gig micro (in a mini adapter) from my Q to my Saga. Now about twice a day I completely loose my storage card.

What I mean is that all of a sudden I get errors that certain program cannot load. All these programs I have installed to the storage card. When this happens I will browse to the storage card using File Explorer and although it lists that I have a storage card File Explorer shows it as being completely blank. At this point no matter what I do; whether it be removing and reinserting the card, refreshing file explorer, whatever, I cannot get the contents back unless I soft reset the phone.

Upon reboot all my apps are back and I can browse the card again... until it happens again. This never happened when the same card was in the Q.

So my question is, do I have a bad card or a bad phone? I am only 5 days into my 30 day return period so I think I am just going to replace the phone but I wanted to see what others said before I went through all the trouble.
  2. MyPhoneIsBlue

MyPhoneIsBlue New Member

Read through the other threads on storage cards and see if you can narrow down your issue.
  3. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

is it full of the same stuff from your q?
    or was everything reinstalled on the saga?