Backup software

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by tj!2k6, Aug 8, 2006.

1. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Backup software

Anyone got an idea as to what backup software works with the Q?

Sprite backup is currently not compatible, but they say they are working on a new version.. I'm just tired of having to reconfigure the thing over and over again after a Master Reset.

TIA

Dave
  2. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

.. oh yeah.. I almost forgot.. and why the hell did MS developers think it was a good idea to remove the backup/restore feature from ActiveSync???!
  3. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Just got a reply to an email I sent to Sprite about when a MotoQ compatible version of Sprite Backup will be released:

I will report back once I am able to test the new version.
  4. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

SpriteBackup v5.2 for SmartPhones was released today. I have noticed improvements in the screen layout and it no longer crashes when going through the advanced menus.

The problem where the reset loop it uses to kickoff a backup staying in "charging" mode when plugged in still exists, but I believe this is a problem with the Q and not the software.
  5. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Yep, what you said. I got it and it works a treat. :) Finally I've got everything backed up.. now I'm ready for my next support call to VZW. :laugh:

And I've noticed the charging mode issue as well in the past.. never thought it would bother me, but with Sprite having to reset the phone I could see it being irritating. I wonder if Motorola/MS will issue a fix for that annoyance.
  6. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

The charging issue makes timed backups a problem. You either have to set the time to be when you know you will never be charging or at a time when you will always be around to turn the Q on. I have to wonder why Motorola made resets behave that way. I'll check the forums on their website and see if the issue has come up over there.

To "work around" the reset/charging issue, I've chosen to do manual backups instead. I wouldn't want to risk my Q (my only phone and my alarm clock) being turned off.