Backlight won't turn off!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by TXZach, Oct 7, 2008.

1. TXZach

TXZach New Member

Backlight won't turn off!

Hey I just did the 6.1 upgrade about 2 weeks ago and love the new system. Immediately after I did it my backlight wouldn't turn off and then it seemed to fix itself.

Last night it started again, backlight turned on and won't turn off now. Drains my battery very quick.

Settings:
    Home Screen: Timeout- After 5 min
    Power Management: Backlight timeout on battery: 5 sec
    Backlight timeout on battery: 1 min
    Display timeout: 5 sec
    Smart Backlight- Enable (tried disable too)

Any help is much appreciated.
  2. vttinkerer

vttinkerer New Member

Do you have 2mg extra memory installed?

I found the same symptom but not when I upgraded but when I installed a sandisk micro memory card. Called Q-verizon, tech said, remember it is windows, should reboot it daily or every other day.
    To fix backlight on problem after memory card was intalled, shutdown, pull card, boot, backlight goes out normally, shutdown, slip in card, reboot, light goes out normally. This may or may not help your situation. good luck.

3. QuteMobile

QuteMobile New Member

Typically I heard this happening when there is a application that is running. Go in a Kill All Tasks in the task manager when this happens and see if it fixes it. I heard of a third party application, not sure the name but it would turn on when you started the phone, so this would act like a application is constantly running not allowing the lights to turn off. I am thinking maybe you have a application that is doing this.
  4. sonoflavadome

sonoflavadome New Member

Had the same issue. All I did was pull the card out, and put it back in, then it was working fine.
  5. Geekster

Geekster New Member

On the 2 5 seconds timeouts change one to a different time. There is a small glitch in the software and the phone gets "confused". If it stills stays on then do a quick restart. Try that & see if it that helps if not then it just might be a hardware problem.
  6. Arnie

Arnie New Member

Same problem

Today my backlight would not turn off. Took out the 2GB card and it now works correctly. Put card back in and problem returns.:frown: