Backlight Wake-up on SMS

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by jmorisey, Mar 20, 2009.

1. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Backlight Wake-up on SMS

Does anyone else's phone "wake" when you receive a SMS msg? Mine doesn't seem to turn the screen on when a msg arrives.... that sucks, so I have to WAKE the phone up to see who is messaging me.

Didn't know if I installed something that may have broke it?

Jon
  2. tman065

tman065 New Member

Mine doesn't. Only for phone calls, I think. There must be a setting for that. Somewhere?
  3. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Good, makes me feel a little better that I didn't "break" something. Doesn't mean I am happy with the answer though, lol...

Thanks for checking for me!
  4. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Found this for the Omnia

I found this on another site, it was made for the Omnia but it seems to be working on the SAGA as well. I haven't let the phone get into a "deep" sleep, but on initial trial, it does wake the phone to the S2U2 screen.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/wake-up-on-sms-arrival-solution/

One thing I noticed, trying to reproduce it now, it seems to break the SPB Phone Suite Notifications. If it wakes the phone for a message, once the phone goes back to sleep, I am not notified via SOUND or LIGHT until I wake the phone back up.

Tweaking with it, but if anyone else wants to jump in, two hands are better then one...

Jon

EDIT: SPB Notifications DOES work.... I just must not have been patient enough