b4 I make the leap

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by EatCereal, Nov 19, 2010.

1. EatCereal

EatCereal Member

...to a smartphone. And I'm pretty sure I want the Focus.

Right now I have unlimited data on my Samsung Eternity. And I know a few month back AT&T got rid of this option for new customers.

So my question is what rate plan do you guys/gals have...and do you ever come close to going over it? I go on youtube quite a bit when on my break, or when i dont feel like going to the home pc or laptop/netbook....

I really dont want those overage charges. So say with mild use everyday would this be a problem?
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Is the plan you have now a smartphone plan? If so, I don't see why you couldn't keep your current plan. I've done that with my plan when I moved to the iPhone 4 and when I "technically" upgraded to the Focus.
  3. EatCereal

EatCereal Member

No:( I currently have a messaging phone. I would have gotten a smartphone a few years ago but at the time of that upgrade you still couldnt send picture messages on the iphone.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I recommend you ask the rep at AT&T. I've been on unlimited for so long that I don't pay enough attention to data in order to make a suggestion on what data plan you should select.
  5. Randall East

Randall East New Member

I'm new to AT&T as I made the move so I could pick up a windows phone. That being said, I am on the 2gb per month for $25. So far I haven't used anywhere near 1/4 of my total and I'm a heavy user with 40+ emails per day, plus using it for twitter, facebook, etc. Unless you plan on streaming netflix movies all the time, the 2gb is quite a lot. Overage is $10 per gb I believe. There is also a $15 200 mb plan. I'll watch and see how I continue to do and see if its safe to switch to the cheaper plan.
  6. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

I'm on the 200 mb plan, and I've been going through it pretty quick (I think most of it was playing with the phone the first few days I had it). Basically, if you're a light user (e-mails occasionally), not downloading pictures, or you're near WiFi all the time, 200 mb should be plenty.

That said, the price per mb is just SO much better for the 2 gb plan. Not only that, but if you go over on the 200 mb plan, you get charged $15 for another 200 mb. Which means you just now spent more than the 2 gb plan for 1/5 the amount.
  7. jgibo1

jgibo1 New Member

I have the unlimited plan and when I had my iphone 36s it showed just over 2 gb download and 600 mb upload for a period of just over a year. I always leave my wifi on so it connects at work and and when home. I have been doing almost all my purchases through Zune with the phone connected that way if I reset the device it will reinstall all applications. Currently if you purchase from the phone they would need to be downloaded seperately.