Aww Spring is in the air

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JBK617, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Geekster

Geekster New Member

With 1 phone call I could have been there and done that. I would have loved to seen it. Maybe some day I can. We're not that far away!
  2. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

lmao i couldnt help it :tounge:. The last time I had grits was when it was mixed with shrimp. Any other time I wouldnt touch the stuff.
  3. cheri

cheri Active Member

i dont do bottom feeders aka shrimp etc generally speaking but I will indulge on some if cooked proper.
    grits with shrimp...new to me. what do i know i live in Cali where the men grow breasts from eating too much soy protein.
  4. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I have never given any thought to where shrimp live before they come to my plate, as long as they're dead when they get there. There is nothing like a plate of shrimp and grits, throw in some scrambled eggs with cheese and woo weee, that's a meal. Or a big plate of catfish and grits. We pretty much eat grits with anything.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

6. cheri

cheri Active Member

I didnt think about it, it was pointed out to me. I have the same issue with pork, it nauseates me, unless its cooked right. But it usually makes me get the bad kind of itis.

Scrambled eggs with cheese and grits now that is something I can consider. I would try it with shrimp...just because I cant say I dont like it unless I try it.
  7. cindra

cindra Active Member

Grits was an acquired taste for me. When I moved to the south, it was not a good experience for me. Now, I eat them quite a bit but I have to have cheese or butter or something. I even bought some to cook at home on my last shopping trip.

To me, grits are like base paint...you have to add the color. :wink:
  8. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

You definitely have to add butter and cheese but my thing is getting them to the right consistency. My mother likes her grits soupy and I go to the other extreme, you could eat my grits with a fork. I can't seem to make them just right so I let IHOP do it for me:tounge:

We had to eat oatmeal as children and now you couldn't pay me to eat a bowl of oatmeal. Give me some grits with butter and cheese any day.
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

mi dont like runny grits. I like my stuff more firm. Buttery yummy.
    I do eat oatmeal...with butter and vanilla whey protien..maybe some splenda. Sorry you were force fed THR! that always turns someone off even if it is good.
  10. Geekster

Geekster New Member

A little back on topic...
    First day of spring my a$$!!!!
    We are under a winter storm warning with possible accumulating snow of up to 8" by Saturday a.m.
    Just when I think I can get rid of my "woollies" for a while here comes another arctic blast!
    GF in NC told me it was 70* there today.
    *sigh*
    --OK---I'm done whining. :frown:
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

Sorry Geekster its very spring here and lovely. I would blow warm air your way but it would make a heck of a twister.
  12. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Your telling ME! we had a tornado in ATL the other day. Not to meantion the weather goes ffrom 70 degress at 7am to 40degress 3 hours later...talk about hateful!
  13. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

the weather is just as crazy here too. we had tornadoes in the next county last weekend, while I was trying to watch basketball. and for some reason the local channel couldn't just tell me that bad weather was out there......noooo he had to show me satellite pictures and graphs instead of taking me back to the game.

@ geekster...take care of that cold this weekend and stay out of that crazy weather.
  14. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

all this technology and all they have is graphs...wow...just WOW
  15. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

it was more than graphs but the point was i didn't want to see whatever they were using, i wanted to see a basketball game. i guess i wasn't the only one cause when he broke in another time he said, quite curtly, that they could do without the phone calls they would try to get us back to the game as soon as possible. but the interruptions kept getting longer and longer, i finally gave up and changed the channel.
  16. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Attached Files:

17. cheri

cheri Active Member

perty flowers
  18. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Well, right now they aren't blooming. I think they are multiplying (making new baby lily bulbs). These will die down and come up sometime in the next few months. Never really know when ..that's the surprise! I have that picture on my fridge to tell me that warm weather really is coming. Just have to be a little more patient. ggrrrrrrr
  19. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I can send you some pictures to remind you that spring is coming. Although I don't think they will help your mood any. I'll be nice and not tell you what the temp was here today. Hope ya'll though out soon!
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

i could not deal with the long winters like that.
    i hope you have spring soon.