Auto SMS cleanup for Windows Mobile??

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by dirtyguido, Aug 3, 2008.

1. in the paid version under messages all i get is don't use in auto mode or auto mode.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

you can change it to use it. click on it and choose yes.
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I just tried it. I have 2 emails and 3 text, all small messages, in my inboxs. it cleared 4.8mb. I have no idea what it cleared.
  4. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

don't you love that, ha
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

crap, I changed my cursor to a hampster...for real. its in th settings menu.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

for all the people that your phone reboots after a task in sktools, there is a setting to turn that off and also a settings to show results.
  7. after I set it to yes, how do I control what and when it cleans it up.
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

scroll down or up to schedule. you can set all the other things to clean also. I have not tried all of them, so be carefull.
  9. I get that, but after choosing use in auto mode where are the extra options?
    I don't see them.
    I use CT scheduler to automate tasks, but cannot find where to set after x number of days, etc. to delete sms or emails.
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

after the schedule, it has days, then week, then month, the year. enter days as 1, 2 ,3 etc. 1 = sunday.
  11. I am totally missing something because I do not see this in SK at all.
    I only have options for auto and not auto, and that's it.
    Unless you are saying schedule it in CT Scheduler.
  12. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

if you open sktools, go to tools/settings, arrow over to automation, scroll down for all the settings.
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

the settings are very involved. to have it delete text message you have to set it up to search for something, like in PushEffect. I just put my phone number in the search option. Email you can put the @ sign. got to have a clear head to do the settings, but is does work.
  14. dirtyguido

dirtyguido New Member

Ok well... here is the solution I have come up with.

Jeyo Mobile Extender for Outlook.

lets me download all the SMS's to outlook, keep them permanently, as well as gives me a remote SMS device manager so I can delete older ones from the phone using the PC once a week or so. Some hacks and other mods have really made this q9c a different phone that is actually pleasing to use. I turned the threaded text back on, because I really like the feature, but I don't want to have to delete threads in their entirety or painstakingly one by one when the phone gets overloaded.

Now I need to install sprite backup, so that I can save the configuration in case the inevitable happens.

George