Auto Keypad Lock Bug

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Paul G, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Paul G

Paul G New Member

Auto Keypad Lock Bug

When keylock is set to engage after 5 minutes of inactivity, it will do so even if you are using the device. Bug?
  2. Qool Qustomer

Qool Qustomer New Member

Your Q locks after five minutes even if you're typing an e-mail or something? On a phone call? Tell me more.
  3. Paul G

Paul G New Member

yes...Keylock is set to "Prompt if device unused for"...my setting is 5 minutes. If I unlock the device, and start entering an e-mail, it will lock itself while I am typing.
    Trying to decide if I should set it higher...15 minutes...or just use the <home><space> to lock it when I'm done.
    It would be nice to have it lock after 5 min of *inactivity* like it should. :embarassed:
  4. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

I just use the HOME/SPACE trick.....but I also set up, since I use my BT headset for just about every call, to have the Key Lock Start Menu options on my Voice Recognition list.

This way if I am my voice prompts I just say Key Lock and TA-DA locked when I want instead just on time limit.
  5. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

Here's the problem I've had. This only happens when the battery gets down to one bar. But every time, I've had a problem it's been with one bar on the battery. Anyway, device is locked and I receive a txt message and I go to unlock it, I am able to type in my code (simple 4 digit pin) and I hit unlock, then it freezes. The screen will eventually shut off, and will respond to my hitting buttons and turn back on, but it will never advance past the unlock screen. it's like the softkeys quit responding.

I have to pull the battery, then of course I lose the unseen txt message!

So, I'm considering dropping the autolock and using the home/space buttons. not sure if this is a BETA issue (that's the version I'm using I think it's ver 3.9 beta 10
  6. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Are you running any reg edits? I had a similar problem when I had the CPU hack for the Profile edit. I changed it to 5 and did the threshold edit and now I am having no problems. That was the SAME problem I was having I think.
  7. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

Not sure which hack this one is. yes I am running some regedits. I did a few myself, start up sound, sendmail and then I have a few through smart tweaker but nothing affecting CPU that I know of. What hack are you referring to specifically?
  8. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

This reg edit. This effects the CPU and has caused those kinds of problems for me if iyou are doing the Profile hack.
  9. daivnci27

daivnci27 New Member

I have this same problem, and I'm not running any hacks. My phone is pretty much new out of the box. I've changed the homescreen, and installed Google Maps, but thats about it. When my phone is locked, and I get a text message. The CPU on the phone pegs at 100%. It's the messaging app that is pegging the cpu, if I kill that the cpu goes back to normal. When I start messaging back up cpu goes back to 100%. Only way to remedy the problem is pull the battery.
  10. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

i think it may have been the speed up sms key response tweak. actually seems to txt faster w/o it. we'll see
  11. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

If it is THAT new and you are pulling the battery for a factory installed and running prog then you may have a defect. The CPU will hit 100% for lots of different reasons, this isn't cause it is hitting 100% since I have had it hit max multiple times for multiple reasons before doing ANY hacks on my Q9m. The hack is just to get processor speed running faster to avoid lags, but it looks like this first edit is what is causing the errors. I have had zero problems since un-doing it and doing Pony's threshold edit.

Are there any other problems with your device? That doesn't seem normal for SMS to lock up and force battery pull.