Audio Caller ID

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by joejhawk, Jan 16, 2007.

1. joejhawk

joejhawk New Member

Audio Caller ID

I have seen the question posted here but have never seen a response about the Q's ability to announce the caller id verbally. Is there a program that will tell you who is calling without having to look at the screen? I keep my Q on my hip with a BT headset and it would be much more convenient if I didn't have to remove it to see who is calling me.
  2. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

There is what some call the "ghetto" method. If you use the AT&T Website, you can get a voice-announcement of the person, then add whatever ringer you want to the end of it using a program like Audacity. Not very friendly, and only works for frequent callers, but it lets you use the same ringer "noise" for all contacts but still be able to audibly distinguish who's who.
  3. apperrault

apperrault New Member

I thought that Microsoft Voice Commander was supposed to do it, but in my trials, i have never been able to get it to work.

I would love to have this feature, especially while on headset mode.

app
  4. mchukra

mchukra New Member

Why don't you assign a different ringer to each person? Then you just need to remember what ringer is for who. Kind of a pain in the ass but thats what I do.
  5. joejhawk

joejhawk New Member

The problem with that is I usually have my phone on vibrate, is there a way for it to ring only through the headset?
  6. mpovolo

mpovolo New Member

MS Voice command 1.6 announces tem through bluetooth. You need to have your phone profile setup properly for the handsfree in order to here them.
  7. whitie_bear

whitie_bear New Member

get that free bluetooth software that forces all sounds to go through the bluetooth headset, cant remember where i got it but i thought it was here
  8. inf3st

inf3st New Member

can you recall the name of this software?
  9. mpovolo

mpovolo New Member

Jetware bluetooth handsfree extension
  10. mchukra

mchukra New Member

That is strange. I always keep my phone on vibrate and I have the Motorola H700 and I turn bluetooth on and leave it on. When I flip the mic on the headset open it automatically switches to headset mode, and when I close it it switches back to meeting (vibrate). When I have the headset on all ringtones come through it?!?!? I have done nothing special, that is just how it always worked for me.
  11. mindfrost82

mindfrost82 New Member

I know this thread is a little old, but I've been wondering about this feature. VoiceCommand 1.5 did it on my Treo.

I just installed VoiceCommand 1.6 on my Q and set it to announce calls through BT, but it doesn't seem to do it. Does it only work if the number is in the phonebook? I tried it from a number not in my address book.

What exactly do I need to setup for HandsFree to get this to work? I have my BT Headset setup as HandsFree and when I go into the BT settings and HandsFree it shows it is connected to my headset.
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i know nothing about VoiceCommand but i believe that Holler ID does something like you want.
  13. mindfrost82

mindfrost82 New Member

Well I figured out with VoiceCommand, it appears to only announce through BT if you have it set to "BT if available", in which case it also still announces it through the speaker. If you have it set to "BT Only" it doesn't work.

With HollerID, can you get it to only work on the BT headset? I don't want it to announce names over the speaker.
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i have not installed and/or messed with Holler ID myself so i can't answer that..
  15. grunt5811

grunt5811 New Member

I recorded my voice on the Q and then set it as a personal ringtone for those people. This is what I would say "RING RING Kristin is calling RING RING" or insert whoevers name. I know dorky huh but there is nothin like your own voice to announce who is calling. It did take some time but I like it cause its funny....in a nerdy kinda way.
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and you make these for us also, on request ? :}

<jk> i like your "solution"...