Attempting to use my new Q9n on Rogers

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by tssf, Mar 27, 2009.

1. tssf

tssf New Member

Attempting to use my new Q9n on Rogers

Hi, I realize this is probably the same kind of topic that others have posted, however I'm looking for help to get an unlock code that the other topics hasn't been able to help me with.

I got a Q9n from Moto Maniac, it's GSM. Unfortunately, as soon as I put my SIM card in, it asks for a network PIN number, which I obviously don't know for Verizon. Can anyone offer suggest ways of fixing this? I PM'd Moto Maniac, haven't received a response yet, however I'm sorta impatient and can't wait to try this new phone. :) Heh

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

he will be the only one to give you a code
    be patient
  3. tssf

tssf New Member

Alrighty, well may as well delete this topic since the purpose of it is lost.

Thanks for the help.
  4. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Sorry, man, but if it's GSM, you're NOT going to be able to use it on VZW. -Q
  5. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

I thought he wanted to use it on rogers?

:)
  6. tssf

tssf New Member

I did! Hehe. Moto Maniac actually helped me out and gave me the number.

I guess this thread has turned into a "Anyone have the Rogers CAB?" thread, as I wouldn't mind setting it up..though I'm sure it shouldn't be hard. Just kinda hard to look at the Verizon logo.

I'll play around.

God I love this phone and haven't even started using it yet.
  7. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Run a search here at the site. The standard Moto files are posted so you don't have to look at the VZW garbage when the phone powers up. Just about all the branding can be removed FYI.
  8. tssf

tssf New Member

I already know how to do the reg editing and such as I've done most of it with my Q9H. I changed the AT&T logo to be my "TomTom startup" button, I'm sure I can fiddle around with other settings and such on this phone as well.

I'll look for Rogers information. Thank you everyone..thank you some of you for giving me a warm welcome, and some of the help I needed too. :p