Attachments on Outlook

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Michael Skelly, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Michael Skelly

Michael Skelly New Member

Hi Guys,

I have a question: if I have an exchange server and a 'flimsy' dataplan, can I configure it so that it works kinda like a blackberry - the email comes in with a little paperclip and the details of the size/filename of the attachement, and if I choose I want to view it (hilarious pictures of cats etc.) then I can download on demand, and if I choose I don't (spreadsheets etc.) then it doesn't guzzle my precious data?

I don't currently own an Exchange Server, or a WP7. But I might do if this works.

Thanks,
    Michael
  2. Fleon

Fleon New Member

That's how it works already- no configuration needed.
    For example, no in-line pictures download until you click them, then it downloads them all into the message. For attachments, you have to hit the attachment icon, then it downloads it. When it finishes, you can click it again to display the attachement (pictures, docs, pdfs, etc).
    So seems like it should work like you want it to work.
  3. termleech

termleech Member

Also if the message is bigger than a certain size (I don't know the size off the top of my head), it will only download the message to that size and then there is a link at the bottom to download the rest of the message.