AT&T Q9 - Release Date?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Austinguy, Jun 24, 2007.

1. marathonfl

marathonfl New Member

Question about 3g does it work here in the USA on your Branded Phone?

Question: About 3g, does it work here in the USA on your Branded AT&T Phone?
  2. bostonirishguy13

bostonirishguy13 New Member

Yes it does.
  3. marathonfl

marathonfl New Member

A sales rep for Mobileplanet told me today that AT&T was releasing this phone on the EDGE only, of course he's trying to sell the Unlocked version of this phone which doesn't work on 3G in the USA.
  4. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

I would say never believe a salesperson who is trying to sell you something that is NOT compatible with the US 3G networks. The folks over at Boy Genius Report have a nice intel report on the upcoming dates and prices. Here is what I found in that file on the Q9. Please notice the DATA/UMTS under tech.

I attached the info from Boy Genius Report, but you can find more here .

If you look at the list of phones in that detail I found and the interesting item is the dates range from 8/19- 9/15 so its somewhere in there.

SKU UPC Vendor Model Tech
    64730 723755936614 Motorola Q9 Global DATA/UMTS

Rebates & Other Information
    MIR requires Personal PDA Plan or Unl Data + $39.99 Voice

PDA Insurance No Commit PYP Price 1 Yr Price Opus/2YR Price
    No $549.99$ N/A $449.99$ 349.99$

MIR Instant Feature Discount Best Price H700 Bundle
    $50 NONE $299.99$ $369.99
  5. Hiro32

Hiro32 New Member

6. OhMyGoshJosh

OhMyGoshJosh New Member

Order Placed on Amazon.com. Expected Ship Date: 9/18 - 9/26

Unwilling to lay out the big bucks for an unlocked phone, I was pretty eager to purchase the ATT q9h (Amazon called it the "Motorola Q9 Smartphone").

I went through the whole purchase process on Amazon.com which was actually pretty cool. I bought the phone, selected my plan and other options (silly things like "mobile backup" for which I have no use) and then entered my CC info and also info for a credit check. I then received an email confirming the order, which actually gave an estimated ship date! Here's what it said:

As you can see, they claim a shipping date of somewhere between 9/18 and 9/26. I guess we finally have it, folks: AT&T will be releasing the q9 (at least to Amazon.com) between 9/18 and 9/26.

Josh
  7. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

Good to hear. So that falls within current speculation and what my local data sales rep told me. BUT, falls after the rebate expiration so off to the printers you go AT&T Mobility team, print new rebates baby and fast.

Amazon seems to be pretty good on the dates, so hopefully 9/18 will get here soon, real soon.
  8. nilch

nilch New Member

Cheaper then from AT&T

The Amazon deal looks cheaper than AT&T's price (going by the price chart that was out earlier) by $100 bucks.

That's quite a steal.

I think I will return in my recently bough blackjack and the plan from At&T (1 week ago) and get the deal from Amazon instead.
    If I return within the trial 30 day period, is there any costs that I have to incur ?
  9. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

I stopped into the AT&T stores, and the rep did have an update, latest info says, yes they missed the last drop date, but the current one is for announcement on 9/21 with in store launch on 9/25. Of course AT&T could still screw this up.
  10. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the info. I cannot believe it's taking this long to release this phone. Cmon' AT&T...let's go already!

-Chris
  11. nilch

nilch New Member

At&T price ?

Any idea on the final after-rebates pricce that AT&T will have it out for ?

I mentioned the Amazon sale to the local AT&T store manager, and he was surprised that Amazon was selling so cheap.
    To keep me as a custonmer (I just bought the plan and the Blackjack) , he said he would do something for me to be competitive with Amazon, when the At&T Q9 comes out. I hope it does come out before my 30 day trail period.

Also it seems new q9 accesories are coming into the store. He shjowed me a Q9 car charger.
  12. chris

Just out of curiosity, did it say Q9 on it? I just don't get the naming convention of these products. We've got the Q 9h, the Q 9m... now I've seen the Q 9 on AT&T's support site and today I see the Moto Q Global.

Which is it? Moto Q 9 or Moto Q Global?:gasp:
  13. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

And just to add to the confusion...

On the MOTODEV site there are 2 x GSM Q's;
    • MOTO Q 9
    • MOTO Q gsm
    (The '9' has MICRO SDIO and 2.0 mega pixel camera; the 'gsm' sports MINI SDIO and 1.3 mega pixel camera.)

The AT&T site shows a (branded) '9' model, and the stated specs would confirm it's a 'q'. The 'gsm' model has a different keypad.
  14. nilch

nilch New Member

The Q9 is the new Q iteration - essentially the Q9H for AT&T and Q9M for Verizon.
    The Q GSM is the older Q model in GSM radio (unlike the original Q in CDMA).

Even the Q9H and Q9M are different. In my opinion the H (billed as simpley the Q9 on At&T) is better - better keyboard, better memory etc.
  15. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

Could be my mistake. (?) Here are pics from MOTODEV's site.

Motorola says both run on WM6 Standard. I didn't know that there was a GSM Q before this one.
    [​IMG]
  16. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

Over at engadget they are saying October 1st is the new rumored date. AT&T must have a dept set up to screw up and tick of customers daily. I don't get how the iPhone (I know jobs controlled it all) got out without much issue and no other phone can. This should have been a wake up call to AT&T.
  17. chris

The GSM Q has been around for quite some time, but I wouldn't look for it to be released in the US. It's more so for areas outside of the US where the Moto Q hasn't been released. Here in the US, we've of course had the Verizon Moto Q and Sprint Moto Q. Releasing a GSM Moto Q would be difficult with the BlackJack, Dash and other Q's. It would be tough for AT&T to be successful with it.

For this same reason, I question whether Palm's new Treo 500 will make it in the US.
  18. adamb78

adamb78 New Member

Wouldn't you put the Q9M and Q GSM in the "old generation" category? Both are essentially the original Q aren't they?---just with WM6.

The Q9h (AT&T and Euro version) is the only one with the faster processor and updated memory AFAIK.
  19. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

I would agree, with that comment on the new internal builds vs the older internal builds.
  20. troutseth

troutseth Guest

Not quite . . . the Q9M has the new keyboard and MiniSD support of Wifi, and WM6. True it does not have the updated memory and processor but it is not the old Q.